Sunday 18 June 2017

Birthdays Begin With B #3 -Love & Sympathy CTC#133


No automatic alt text available.

Welcome back to another blog hop with the crew from CASE-ing The Catty. Do keep on hopping along, to see what else the crew are sharing. Our challenge this week is to CASE from the NEW Annual Stampin' Up!® catalogue, Love & Sympathy section, from page 86-101. I chose to focus on page 98, for a simple sketch and using Best Birds -again! This card falls within the Love & Sympathy pages, and it's for my youngest, who I do love. All along, I've been trying to find the perfect card for my son, who is a bird fancier (and so is his girlfriend!) Each weekend they seem to go out all over Melbourne, visiting locations where they might sight some elusive species. And the title of this post? Well, I noticed that when I began to make my June birthday cards, all the stamp sets, coincidentally began with 'B'. You can see Beautiful You here, and Bella and Friends here.



Originally I made the two birds pictured above, inked them and everything but it felt 'too pretty'. Maybe it will suit Kirsten better when her big day rolls around. I stamped with grey archival ink as its waterproof and watercolored a more realistic bird. There's a die to cut this one too. This picture used the embossing paste too, and I guess it would have been fun to try that too.


When it came to twine, the burlap ribbon was more to my liking, and it sort of goes with the cross-hatched background stamp. There are a couple of branches on my card, they've been lightly water-coloured too.


Five For All was a 'must buy' for my wish list when the catalogue went live. I don't mind a slightly humorous sentiment, but my husband looked it over and immediately saw '25' and informed me our son isn't 25. He's telling the mother this...! In case you can't read it, it says, "You're not old! You're 25 ....plus shipping and handling." That's pretty funny isn't it?


I'm loving the wood grain paper, and I've ordered a second pack so I don't run out unexpectedly. So many different shades and grains are included in these 6 inch square paper pack. I'm hoping that it is masculine enough, because the colours are still quite soft. You will find heaps of inspiration in the Stampin' Up!® Annual catalogue. I've just received another shipment of catalogues, so if you're in Australia and needing one, let me know. Otherwise, it is available online. You can shop online anytime too.



Next stop along on this hop is Krissy Buck and her adorable project




Happy crafting
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. What a great birdwatcher card! I love the changes that you made to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and just perfect for your birdwatchers! I love this sentiment too. So clever and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercolouring is lovely Rachel, and I have admired this card in the catalogue too. I love that it's not too pretty, an I think a keen birdwatcher would appreciate that the colours are more lifelike. I'm pretty sure shipping and handling is a variable thing depending on which day it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the second person on the hop that is making me want to add those birds to my shopping list - sigh - I guess i will just need too! Bahahaha. And yes - it is a funny sentiment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Rachel and yes I want to add it to my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for nature lovers! I love your watercoloring of the bird, your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card for a birdwatcher, Rachel! I love this set and glad to have the opportunity to use it for another year.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel