Thursday 22 June 2017

Favourite Bundle AWH Bloghop


Today the Art With Heart Team girls are showing you their favourite bundles from the 2017 Stampin' Up!® Catalogue. Bundles make creating a breeze, because of the perfect coordination. It's a bonus that you get 10% off by bundling the products together too. There are 24 bundles in the new catalogue, so ask us about them, or ask for a catalogue today!


Wood Words from the Wood Textures Suite was my pick to share with you. I fell for the whole suite back in April when we saw it at Onstage. When you take a look at it on pages 158-9 of the catalogue you will see it in lovely country and wood tones.



What about changing them up a bit? There are some shapes included in the stamps and dies, and there are scratches on the surface of these shapes to give a lovely weathered feel.To continue that feeling, I used second & third generation stamping as well. That's only a fancy way to say, 'stamp on scrap first, then stamp twice more without inking in between.' The first card used Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach and Lemon-Lime Twist. It has been left quite plain, with just a few Glitter Enamel Dots scattered about. It's a good card for beginner stampers, but can be jazzed up a bit for more advanced crafters.



Next I tried the berry shades. Fresh Fig was the base and the stamping was Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugar Plum and Berry Burst. I used some of the other shapes this time, and stamped the small stars across the circle using the same colour. Again, a few Glitter Enamel Dots, I love the was they glimmer with different shades. Also, not a very difficult card.



I also used the most popular part of this die set - the crate. It's such a cute little item and can be filled with edible treats or small gift cards. These were fun to make with the circle stamped three times without re-inking. The three flowers are from Daisy Delight stamp set. That stamp set and punch bundle has been overwhelmingly popular and it looks like July before they'll be able to supply more punches. Would you believe they usually expect to sell about 7000 punches of one type per year, but we have already exhausted a year's supply, so I am holding back on sharing my samples from that one for a while until you can buy as a bundle. The stamp set is still available in the meantime.


It's a simple matter to construct this crate, and the cards are super-easy too. Cut white card at 7cm by 14 cm and fold in half. Decorate any way you'd like. I've heard some people who think they won't get the Wood Works stamp set, because all they want is the crate, but it's a mistake I believe. The Farmers Market stamp is very cute, and the straight font sentiments not only fit on the slats of the crate, they make perfect sentiments on these petite cards.


I went all out with my last card!  You can put anything in a crate, can't you? I've seen them made with puppies & kittens, and bunches of flowers, so I think next on the list was the pig. This pig is a pampered pet, and her crate has been adorned with flowers.She's enjoying being the centre of attention.


This Little Piggy isn't a bundle, it doesn't have any punches or dies to cut things out, but it does have some awesome pigs. You'll find it pictured on page 48 of the new catalogue. I'm not a country gal, and I've had very little to do with pigs, but I've fallen for this stamp set too.




Now it's time to head on over to Caroline Manwaring
Cheers, Rachel Palmieri






9 comments:

  1. Oh, my! These stamps look amazing in the bright colours. Love it! I'm trying so hard to resist those pigs, but you're making it very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Rachel and great use of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing these super cute cards Rachel! You made it so much fun and looks like the crate die will be on my July to-buy list lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely caards Rachel, the Piggy in the crate is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel I just love your cards! My favourite is the pink one, and I love how you have used the Wood Words stamps on it in those different shades of pink. Your piggy card is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, bright projects Rachel. I especially like the first two cards for beginner stampers, such wonderful ideas and great make and take projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything you did. The color shapes would make an adorable baby card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel