Wednesday 22 July 2020

Week 8 AWH Colour Creations Showcase - Calypso Coral




This week for Colour Creations Showcase, members of the Art With Heart team are sharing projects using Calypso Coral. It helps that there are some pretty papers included in the Playing With Patterns DSP including some in Calypso Coral.



These split-front cards have occupied me this week so I enjoyed making two more for this colour challenge.



Bloom and Grow have these lovely stylised flower images, which are amongst the easiest to colour using Stampin' Blends because you don't need to try and make them realistic.



Black dimensionals, which come in a pack of mixed regular and mini, are very handy when you use black card for the sentiment.



Here you get a glimpse of another pattern in behind the split, larger multi coloured spots this time and a different bouquet to decorate.



Did you end up preferring one card more than the other? I'd love you to leave a comment if you have a moment.

Check out more projects by going back to Cathy's blog. where she has a list of all the team who are playing along this week.



Product List

13 comments:

  1. Such fun backgrounds created with those papers, Rachel. I'm rather partial to polka dots, so the second card is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, love the use of the DSP! Thanks for the design ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such lovely cards! I really can't pick a favourite. The DSP choices are perfect, and you've coloured the blooms so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rachel, your split-front cards are both simply stunning but since you ask I think I prefer the second one because I love the larger multi coloured spotted DSP. Thank you for sharing your Calypso Coral creation tonight and inspiring us all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply wonderful cards Rachel, I was a bit worried about that really bright DSP but you’ve used it brilliantly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both gorgeous cards Rachel, I love that brush stroke style designer paper and then your next card with the gold foil circle really shines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just LOVE these Rachel. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Rachel. I prefer the first one with the brushstrokes. When I see samples in the catalogue with white embossing on black card, I always cringe and think I would never do that, but on your cards it just pops! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always forget to use black dimensionals, thanks for reminding me. Personally I prefer the second card but both would be appreciated by anyone who received them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards Rachel. I can't pick a favourite as I love different things about each of them. I really love that touch of gold on the second card though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 very beautiful cards Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what fabulous cards Rachel. Love your design. Might just need to use that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the peek a boo panels that allow more of the DSP to sneak through.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel