Wednesday 12 July 2023

Colour Creations - #11 - Basic Gray




Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person. This week we are show-casing Basic Gray.





When I first spotted Construction Zone in the new Stampin' Up! annual catalogue, I knew it was going to be popular with my youngest grandsons. While Oliver at 9 likes to make cards for others, Mason at 5 is still rather self-absorbed - LOL!


He very directly told me that he wasn't interested in the balloons and presents for his stamping, only the trucks and cones.


For this fancy-fold card I borrowed the sentiment on white from Zany Zoo and a few birds from the delightful Beside Me.


Lisa Curcio shared this fun fold recently (12/06/2023) and apparently Rachel Tessman has also, although I wasn't able to locate her version. It's wonderful how the paper crafting community share inspiration for everyone to share. Below you can see a side view of this card.


Our next talented team member this hop is Sharon Davern.




If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.




 

7 comments:

  1. I won't hear a bad word about Mason! He's only 5 and he sounds as adorable as your card. I love this stand up design, it is awesome and just perfect for this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what an awesome card! I love how the different levels and depths add so much dimension to the scene. It's all so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card and perfect stamp set for you grandsons, Rachel. Having a house of girls, I feel I've missed out with some of these construction type sets. I love the pops of colour in the trucks and cones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-cute card, Rachel ... and I love that Mason knows his own mind, and isn't afraid to speak it! I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of this adorable stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard13 July 2023 at 10:31

    What a great card for either of your grandsons. With a nephew of a similar age I can clearly understand Mason's preference for the trucks and diggers. A perfect use of Basic Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting fun fold! It looks great with the Construction Zone stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great fold and looks fabulous with construction zone stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel