Wednesday 7 February 2024

Colour Creations - Week 39 - Petal Pink


Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person. This is week 39 of our blog hop and the featured colour is Petal Pink.




I held my first monthly card class this afternoon and I made my card for that class, to feature a colour other than purple/mauve with Painted Lavender. After die cutting masking paper with Everyday Details dies (that's an Online exclusive bundle) I used a blending brush to apply Petal Pink ink to the cut out circle.


Next I stamped the blossoms in Petal Pink, extending the tops beyond the circle and with another flower stem, stamped over the first in Flirty Flamingo.


The stems and greeting from Perennial Postage were stamped in Gray Granite before the art piece was die cut with a postage stamp die.


Of course, it always pays to finish the inside off for a first-rate card, don't you think?


Next stop on this hop is my lovely friend Rosa Leydon. I can't wait to see what Rosa has made!



If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.

Happy crafting, 




 

8 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love seeing the Painted Lavender bundle in a different colour - it looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card! The masked circle looks amazing, and the blooms are fabulous stamped over the top. I especially love the inside of your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is divine! I LOVE your idea of using masking paper with that gorgeous "holey" circle die, Rachel - what a beautiful effect. Your colour choices are just so pretty. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Rachel, your colour combo including Flirty Flamingo and Smoky Slate looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Rachel. I adore your alternative colour combo for the Painted Lavender. Your masked and blended circle bordered with tiny dots is wonderful. Gorgeous layering inside and out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Rachel I really love this colour version of Painted Lavender. Its so beautiful and soft. and yes one must always try to remember to enhance the inside of the card as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I love that you have used pinky-oranges for these flowers, how good does it look?!!! I also adore how you used blending brushes to add your masked circle and detail, so pretty, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What brilliant use of colours using the Painted Lavender stamp set to create some pretty flowers. The masked circle adds a soft focus to your card Rachel.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel