Wednesday 22 March 2023

Colour Creations - Week #45 - Shaded Spruce


The participants in AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop are all Stampin' Up! demonstrators and members of Art With Heart. We love to Blog Hop sharing all the Stampin' Up! Colours alphabetically. This is week #45 and Shaded Spruce is our colour.





When I hear "shaded spruce' I immediately think of trees - well you would too I expect. For that reason, I was determined not to use a tree for this week's challenge. Teen boys have been on my radar lately and Conversation Bubbles seems a good one for them. My only complaint is that there is no birthday greeting in that set, so I grabbed one from Irresistible Blooms which fitted the big bubble.


Rays of Light is the big background stamp which I placed on the Stamparatus for easy multiple stamping.

My class ladies are wanting masculine cards, they must have families like mine with men and boys outnumbering the ladies. They all enjoyed making this card at our March Craft & Chat and although there was a feminine version, this was the one they all chose. 


On the inside is an offcut from the Rays Of Light panel, the outline of a Conversation Bubble and stamping from Party Puffin.

It's hard to believe that we have nearly reached the end of our colours, with only a few weeks to go until the new Annual catalogue is in our eager hands! I hope you check in next week to see what the team have made with Smoky Slate.

Now it's time to hop over to South Australia and my talented friend Andrea Sargent. Please comment if you liked my project, it's always nice to hear what you think.


If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.



Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent & Fresh Freesia are about to retire as In Colors.

I wonder what will replace them?


 


9 comments:

  1. What a fab combo of stamp sets, Rachel! This is a wonderful teenage card that you could personalise so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is certainly the word Rachel. I am sure which ever boy you give this card too will be delighted. I love the “Rays of Light” in the background with your selection of Conversation Bubbles. No wonder your class ladies loved it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Rachel - perfect for a young man! The rays behind the speech bubbles look fantastic, and I love that you've used the offcut on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great teen boy card you have created Rachel. The Background stamp is a perfect choice for the thought bubbles too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great young masculine card, Rachel. Love those rays of sunshine and how you've decorated the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect bundle for the teens in our lives. I love the bold Rays of Light behind your conversation bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, like to employ this personal challenge of using a colour differently to our first thought, or expectation, Rachel. Great stamps and dies to use for a teen, and especially masculine, card. The absence of birthday sentiments in the conversation bubble set had prevented me from buying it, but I love your work around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, the colour combination and stamp set choice are prefect for a teenage boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel I love the way you have created such a vibrant background for your nest of speech bubbles. I love the inclusion of the sun rays. The conversation bubbles is a bundle I have decided to keep......it is simply too useful for fabulous more neutral cards like yours.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel