Wednesday 5 July 2023

Colour Creations - #10 - Balmy Blue

 


Contributors to this blog hop are all demonstrators in Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person.


This week the lovely colour we are sharing is Balmy Blue. I really didn't think I would be able to join in this week, until my grandson's days with Gran & Pop were changed ever-so-slightly and it was possible - YAY! To put the cherry on top, I received a new stamp set & die bundle, Timeless Charm, which you will be able to check out online tomorrow when the NEW Online Exclusives are shared.



The background stamps are a fun way of 'grounding' the elements and there are three sizes of the cloudy stamp. I thought the dashes joined everything together in an interesting way too.


The leaves are perfect for my first card with one leaning left, another leaning right and the one in the middle standing straight and tall.


Mixed fonts for the sentiments always add interest too, and this one could easily be separated by masking or just cutting apart the words.


After a simple first card, the second was stepped-up a touch with extra layering and some die cutting of images.


Both cards are decorated inside, the first quite simply with a leaf and this one with a spray of flowers and leaves.

Next amazing team member is Ros Davidson.

If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.






9 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely! And YAY! for unexpected crafting time! You've used the combination of stamps so beautifully - the cloudy stamps and dashes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Rachel, your cards are so beautiful I need to order this new bundle right now! I love the layout, the design and everything about both of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, Rachel. I like how you used the leaf images over the bubble backgeround stamps, and yes, those dotted lines really do link them together. Love your stepped up version too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have come up with two BEAUTIFUL cards, Rachel, using a set I didn't think I needed. I love how you've used the stamps, and this colour combo. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so adorable, Rachel! I love the background stamping and the placement of the images. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, 2 gorgeous cards Rachel. I so love your simple stamping on white mounted on Balmy Blue with such a lovely colour combo. Your second stepped up card is delightful as well. And I had told myself I didn’t need another floral set. Sigh … x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Rachel, the green really pops against Balmy Blue. The dots really do add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa Gerrard6 July 2023 at 12:17

    Rachel I really love your stepped up version of the 2 cards and the colour choice is perfect. That green frames the stamped images perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The granny apple green really pops with the balmy blue and is a perfect colour combination to pair together along with the navy.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel