Sunday 28 May 2017

Favourite Occasions Catalogue Project CTC130

CASE-ing The Catty is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from the South Pacific, all through Australia and New Zealand. We love to get together to CASE the Stampin' Up!® catalogue, to inspire each other, and you, to create. We love it when you join in with our challenges to share your work and all you need is a Facebook presence. 
Stampin' Up!® Catalogue Sample


This week is our last week of CASE-ing the Occasions Catalogue. Chase Your Dreams stamp set appealed to me as I love to travel, and it's a nice addition to scrapbooking, even the words, let alone the rough sketches. Chase Your Dreams was still available in the retiring sale last time I checked, and the clear-mount stamp set in Australia, is only $24.80.




I've CASE-d the card shown above in Crumb Cake, using Peekaboo Peach. It's not as straight and orderly as the catalogue sample, but I've managed to fit all the images on the card somehow. I masked with a post it note cut to the shape of the stamped image. If you're not sure what I mean, leave me a message and I'll take a photo to show you.


I must admit that I was thinking 'scrapbooking' when I bought this set and initially I thought the sketches were a bit rough and ready. I do like the way they're layered up in this composition. Maybe it is a good card to wish someone a "Bon Voyage" or to say "Thank you" to your travel agent!!!



Initially, I made the card in Tip Top Taupe, and it is probably a slightly clearer image - until with the very last stamp, the Empire State Building, I've made a big oopsie with the ink! 
It is a little bit sad, and as it was a one-layer card, I don't think I can save it.

If you would like to join in the challenge, and we really would love to see you CASE your favourite project from the Occasions Catalogue. You don't have to have a blog, just Facebook. You don't have to write too much, just tell us which project you've CASE-d. You don't need to use the same stamp set, or colours, that's what it's all about. Being inspired by something and letting your creativity take over. Share it here with us.

Now you're heading off to my sweet friend Kelly Kent, you're bound to be inspired by her project.





Happy crafting,
Rachel


5 comments:

  1. Love this idea Rachel. A great set for all those travellers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to show off all those images! I agree this would be great for srcapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CASE Rachel! I hope to do some more travelling the future! Next stop: OnStage Melbourne :) Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Rachel - you've inspired me to go order that set before it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CASE, Rachel. I have to admit I hadn't really noticed this card in the Catty. I really like the first card you made - maybe you can fussy cut around the buildings and layer it on another card base? I think it could look great.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel