Tuesday 24 July 2018

AWH Colour Creations Cajun Craze


We are a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators from the Art With Heart team. With the Stampin' Up!® colour revamp, Catherine Proctor suggsested we might like to blog hop, featuring a different colour every week. This week the spotlight is on Cajun Craze. Cajun Craze has been around a long time. In fact, my ink pad is the one I inherited from my mother 9 years ago. I haven't even re-inked it yet! In all honesty, I didn't like it much, but I have to admit that using it with Nature's Poem Suite, it seems very .... manly.

Happy 100th Birthday Eric!!!

I heard about Eric from a friend, who lived near him when she was a child. I love making cards for special birthdays, so when Eric's granddaughter put out the call for him to get 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday, I was rapt to participate. Eric will not be receiving my husband's antique plane, used to prop the card on. I allow him to display it on the oak buffet, as it looks nice with it's worn, pale-coloured timber. Poor man isn't given a lot of say in the domestic area of our lives!!!!


Nature's Poem designer Series Paper has this lovely paper in Cajun Craze, which I do like because of the textured appearance. It is actually perfectly smooth, but doesn't it look great? It needed the numbers to declare the grand age that Eric has reached, and even though Stampin' Up!® has retired the Large Numbers, I will keep using them until we have a replacement.


I wanted a long, thin, birthday sentiment, and couldn't locate one. It needed to be thin to not distract from the numbers. I use Perennial Birthday a lot, and decided to use the Stamparatus to change the 2-level greeting into a long single-layer. I found that easy to do, and will probably attempt that more often now. It was stamped onto the grid sheet, and then the strip of paper was placed in the correct position, repositioned, stamped, and it was complete.


The log and leaves have been stamped and sponged for colour depth. Twine has been tied under the central striped panel and the inside was stamped with leaves and a short verse also from Perennial Birthday.

Eric is celebrating his birthday on 28th July, so this card is already in the mail, to make sure it is there in plenty of time.  If you pop back to Catherine Proctor you will see a full list of participants in this week's colour challenge/hop.

GR9CWSP3
As the month is nearing it's end, don't forget the two promotions Stampin' Up!® is currently offering. One is the Designer Series Paper promotion, buy 3, get the 4th free. I have now got over my phobia of cutting pretty paper, and I could help you too, especially if you have loads of it to choose from. Click on the picture and you can see which papers are included. Only till July 31st.

The other fabulous opportunity is to join Stampin' Up!, and I'd love to support you in your new enterprise. Whether you'd like to have an opportunity to purchase your craft supplies at a 20% discount, or really think you could turn it into a business, you are welcome in my FUNdamentals team. It's always a good deal with $235 worth of catalogue product for only $169. For July only, you add one family of ink pads to your order, and pay no more. The hardest part of that would be choosing your products and whether you'll have subtles, brights, regals or neutrals for your inkpads. Free delivery for your first order, a box of 8 catalogues to pass out to friends, work colleagues, neighbours and even strangers! You get the idea, don't you. You never know who is a crafter.
I'm available to answer any questions, and you can also got to this page of my blog for common questions and answers, and a link to join. Click on the picture to take you there.





8 comments:

  1. What a great card for a mature gentleman! Such a clever tip for the Stamparatus - I will have to try it. Much easier than masking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo very nice, Rachel. Nature’s Poem DSP certainly is a great combination to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Rachel and the Nature's Poem DSP is a great choice for this masculine card. And a big Happy 100th birthday Eric! I hope he enjoys every single 100 of his cards. God bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card for Eric. I am sure he is going to be surprised and pleased with his stash of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rachel, love this and what a wonderful gesture to participate in making a card for Eric for his special milestone. He will certainly love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel this card is just perfect for a masculine 100, happy birthday to Eric. Thanks for hopping along with the colour creations blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Rachel, i have really fallin in love with the rooted in nature bundle and D.S.P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever way to stamp the "Happy Birthday", Rachel. I love the DSP on the front of the card. You did a great job making a super-special masculine card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel