Monday 10 March 2014

Natural Wedding FMS #126

I had selected this lovely spotted paper and was planning to mount it on white for a wedding card, so all the pieces were stamped when I spotted (pun intended, lol) this sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! That's when I had a WOW! moment and decided to give it a go. I work visually, so there were a couple of trial pieces that didn't work out, before I settled on this arrangement.
I usually make black and white formal wedding cards, but even my own son had a very 'back to nature' type wedding, where the bride made her wedding invitations from Crumb Cake card stamped with a tree and their initials, and they gave a small native shrub to each of their guests. When you know the wedding is casual, a less formal card is probably more appropriate. I will continue on and make a couple more for my stash, but I'm thrilled with this one. Thanks to Amy  (FMS) for the interesting sketch!




I hesitated before adding the twine wrapped in gold thread and two tiny pearls to the label, it doesn't quite fit the 'Mother Earth' theme.....

 what do you think?

Base card is Crumb Cake, DSP is Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack (132996) in Occasions Catalogue as is the Gold Bakers Twine (132975). The Whisper White is textured with a retired embossing folder, the Crumb Cake Tulle is retired also and the stamp set is the wonderful Label Love,(130619W) my 'go to' set.

Talking about the wedding has made me a little nostalgic. They celebrate their 2nd wedding anniversary at the end of March and welcome their first child in June. Happy, happy times.

On that note.....

happy crafting

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you "spotted" our challenge and used your spotted paper to make this gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel