Sunday 9 March 2014

Birthday Cats

Quite a while ago I posted this card on my blog. It was for a friend, who also follows this blog, so I was hoping she wouldn't realise it was for her (and she didn't!!). 

Happy birthday, Genella, hope you were spoilt today.

 Being a cat-lover, this was squarely aimed at that love. I didn't show the inside last time I posted, and it was pretty cute too. The main stamp set Giggle Greetings is quite funny, though some people may not appreciate the humour! Then the black cat is from a new set, Cool Kid. The balloons are in Sketched Birthday and "You're How Old?" is another new set Just Sayin'.


I really enjoy doing these types of cards where you use a combination of different stamp sets, and a fun technique thrown in too. Doesn't sponging the clouds add interest to the background?


And now for a photo of my grand daughter Alice, who turned one on Saturday. She has two brothers, and 5 boy cousins (two of those are also my grandsons) so it is no wonder both her Grans treasure their little rose.

 Alice really LOVED her cake!


Its been a big weekend, with a big gathering for Alice's birthday yesterday, plus we have a holiday from work tomorrow. The weather is the absolute best that Melbourne puts on in Autumn, and I gardened today. Life is wonderful!

Hope you did something nice too
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel