Sunday, 9 March 2014

Birthday Cats

Quite a while ago I posted this card on my blog. It was for a friend, who also follows this blog, so I was hoping she wouldn't realise it was for her (and she didn't!!). 

Happy birthday, Genella, hope you were spoilt today.

 Being a cat-lover, this was squarely aimed at that love. I didn't show the inside last time I posted, and it was pretty cute too. The main stamp set Giggle Greetings is quite funny, though some people may not appreciate the humour! Then the black cat is from a new set, Cool Kid. The balloons are in Sketched Birthday and "You're How Old?" is another new set Just Sayin'.


I really enjoy doing these types of cards where you use a combination of different stamp sets, and a fun technique thrown in too. Doesn't sponging the clouds add interest to the background?


And now for a photo of my grand daughter Alice, who turned one on Saturday. She has two brothers, and 5 boy cousins (two of those are also my grandsons) so it is no wonder both her Grans treasure their little rose.

 Alice really LOVED her cake!


Its been a big weekend, with a big gathering for Alice's birthday yesterday, plus we have a holiday from work tomorrow. The weather is the absolute best that Melbourne puts on in Autumn, and I gardened today. Life is wonderful!

Hope you did something nice too
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is lovely to receive your positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel