Monday 10 March 2014

Hang In There

I have an extra day to my weekend this week - Yay! Although we are officially into Autumn now, it is very hot outside. I gardened yesterday, when it also was rather hot, so today is an inside day.
I have been preparing for my April class, when we will use large background stamps and the Tag Topper Punch, so although this isn't exactly what I will be offering, I like to show different samples to my crew.

What better for these colours than Lovely As A Tree? This stamp set has been around for years, longer than I've been a demo certainly, but it still has something for everyone in it. Just as everlasting as a tree, I guess.

Firstly, I stamped Crumb Cake card with the same colour ink and the large background stamp, Hardwood. Its very authentic looking, available in the new Occasional Catalogue and I love it, especially stamped in out of the ordinary colours like blue. I'm making some of those too! I didn't want to make the usual Tag Topper Punch card this time, so I snipped the side and trimmed it up. I chose the single old oak tree from Lovely As A Tree and inked the greenery with Pear Pizzazz before thumping with different green Stampin' Write Markers. Also used an Early Espresso marker for the trunk and branches. This is a combination of Ink to Rubber technique and the Thumping technique. The variation in greens is perfect!


For the greeting I went to a very neglected stamp set, From My Heart. You'd really have to know the recipient of this card well, to know whether they would appreciate the sentiment. It says, {HANG IN THERE} and on the inside of the card  'They say "this too will pass" they just never say WHEN'. I was able to use an off-cut from the hardwood card front to trim the bottom of the card.
I'm thinking this card will fit the Clean & Layering section of the Card Concept Color Challenge. Check out the gallery there too.

See you again soon?
Thanks for visiting my blog
Rachel




Lovely As A Tree 128655

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The colors on your tree are so pretty and I love the little touches you added. So glad you joined us at The Card Concept this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! I love the tree...looks awesome!!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel