Wednesday 5 June 2024

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 6 - Basic Beige


Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting & crafting together. 





We are already up to week 6 as we work our way through the colours. This week we are sharing creations using Basic Beige, a lovely new neutral in a lighter tone than Crumb Cake and just as 'user friendly'.



I have already opened my second pack of Basic Beige, which just does not usually happen so early on, but I really have made a lot of cards with it, including 32 swaps which are heading away with me on Friday when I fly to Canada. More about that later.

Card 1: Country Flowers, Wildflowers designs dies, Latte Love dies

For card #1 this week I used the lovely Country Flowers bundle and included two small cups from Latte Love, an Online Exclusive. The gorgeous lacy label is from a new bundle too, Wildflower Designs. I stamped floral images in Basic Beige on the DSP too.

Card 2: Online Exclusive Magnolia Mood

When I stamped Magnolia Mood a few weeks back for my Petunia Pop card I stamped an extra image which I decided to use this week. I love the contrast of beige and white, and I'm sure this card would also suit an occasion such as a wedding.


The silver-edged ribbon is the finishing touch.



As I mentioned, on Friday I head to Canada with my friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demo Kathryn. We are staying in Vancouver first before catching a ferry to Vancouver Island for a few days, and then another ferry to Seattle to board Quantum of the Seas for a 7-day Alaskan cruise. It is the Great American Crafting Cruise and 32 crafters are sailing together to craft on sea days. I haven't ever sailed on a ship this big, so I'm glad I'm with friends, even if they are mostly new friends!


Next along the blog hop is the very clever Rachel Woollard.
If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.
I'll be back in a few weeks so until then...
Happy crafting,







 

10 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard5 June 2024 at 21:32

    I love your two cards, great use of White with Basic Beige

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your first card, with the sweet teapot and cups, Rachel. The stamping onto the already-gorgeous DSP is a favourite touch. Your second card, in Basic Beige and white, is beautifully elegant (helped by the gorgeous embossed background). Lovely colour combo!
    The Royal Caribbean ships are fantastic. You and Kathryn will, I'm sure, have a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rachel both your cards are just gorgeous and i'm so excited about your trip! The first card is my fave with that adorable teapot and matching cups. you are so clever to combine the Country Flowers dies with the Latte Love dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. I love your simple colour combos of Basic White and Basic Beige with touches of colour for the leaves and flowers on the first card. I think we must have been on a similar wave length as we both used Magnolia Mood and I had thought of possibly using the Country Flowers bundle - including the tea pot and perhaps some little cups. I’m looking forward to hearing about all your fun on your holiday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard6 June 2024 at 14:14

    Two beautiful cards Rachel and the second one is especially elegant and your choice of embossing folder is perfect. I'm sure both you and Kathryn will have a fabulous trip and I look forward to following it on socials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards, Rachel. I love the simplicity of the Magnolia card, with that dry embossed background (adore that folder) and the pretty ribbon. That is one massive ship, but I'm sure you will be too busy with all your crafty friends to worry about anything else. Will definitely be waiting to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful and elegant set of cards Rachel. I love your first card where the teapot coordinates perfectly with the teacups from the Love Latte die set! Brilliant idea to stamp on lighter DSP. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your cruise - very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful, I love your colour palette it's so soft. Enjoy your crafting cruise trip away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your cards Rachel. Basic Beige and white are an absolutely perfect combo and the little pop of colour on your first card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tea cups look very sweet with the tea pot. Can't wait to hear all about this cruise. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel