Thursday 28 March 2019

Easter Greetings AWH Blog Hop


Tonight the Art With Heart team are sharing some Easter creations. Don't forget, SALE-A-Bration ends on March 31st! There is still time to earn free product with purchase or even join our Stampin' Up! team. Ask any of the girls on the hop for more details.  



Mine includes a technique called Floating Flowers, which I have really enjoyed making, after watching a video by Jennifer McGuire. I will explain the process after the 'pretty' pictures, if you care to read on. Basically, the flowers are all raised on dimensionals, and to make the process easier they are laid out flat on card to get the placement correct, and then a piece of Glad Press 'n' Seal is placed over, the card removed and the flowers all stay in place to be cut etc. As far as I know, Glad Press 'n' Seal isn't available in Australia, but American demo Karen Harper, who was a member of the Art With Heart team 4 years ago, was kind enough to bring me some.



Luckily I have a wide selection of stamp sets in my craft studio, as I have pulled several off the shelf to make the two cards I am sharing here. The main two I used for flowers and leaves were Beautiful Bouquet and Tropical Chic. Next, a tiny touch of Fable Friends with the Easter Greetings sentiment.


If you are like me and love Lemon-Lime Twist, during SALE-A-Bration might be a good time to replenish your card & ink refill, as it leaves us in June. The Gingham Gala DSP is such a fresh crisp patterned paper, I decided it was perfect for this Easter card.


The beauty of this technique is that you get a two-for-one deal. I made the card above for my lovely downline Leanne, to congratulate her for beginning to build her team. So glad I bought the Statement Of The Heart stamp, as it is perfect here. 



It is quite difficult to show the floating effect of the flowers, but it really does give a lovely 'framed' illusion here.



Inside I used Calligraphy Essentials and a die cut 'YOU'. 

Instructions for floating flowers.



The flowers and leaves have been arranged on a piece of card equal to the card front, and once satisfied with the arrangement, a similar-sized piece of Glad Press 'n' Seal is laid on top of flowers. You can then place the chosen dies on to the arrangement and cut.


Here you can see the die cut lines, as the pieces haven't been separated for the two cards yet, and LOTS of Dimensionals! They are still on the Glad Press 'n' Seal at this stage.



Using the Stamparatus to work out an accurate placement of the verse. The frame is removed before stamping. Then there is the massive task of removing all those backs from the dimensionals and flipping it over to adhere.





Next it's time to hop on over to the talented Rebecca Jacovou



Product List

9 comments:

  1. Rachel I am so keen to try this technique too. Your cards are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique sounds like heaps of fun! And love the gorgeous colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, such an awesome effect, Rachel & gorgeous bright colours, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Rachel and such a cool technique. I love that you get to use the inside of the frame for another card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing technique, your cards are stunning. I must try this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in the Art with Heart Easter blog hop. A clever technique I'll have to give a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a snazzy technique. Looks good on all those backgrounds too and love how you've used the rectangles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are soooo cool, Rachel! I can't wait to get my hands on some Press 'n' Seal so I can try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cards Rachel. I love this technique and it's becoming very popular. Press 'n' Seal sales are going to be up, up, up!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel