Wednesday 27 March 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 46 - Smokey Slate





Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person, which we did recently for Onstage - our annual Stampin' Up! conference. This is week 46 of our blog hop and the featured colour is Smoky Slate. 



Smoky Slate is a soft grey which is featured in the Country Woods DSP coming in the new catalogue and released May 1st. I used it in my last blog post for another challenge and it was tempting to do so again. Fortunately, I found both time & inspiration and made two cards this week.

CARD 1:


 Spotlight on Nature was my choice to use for card one. When my demo friend Kathryn was staying with me, I took the opportunity to stamp some images and die cut some circles with this set, her pick for our 'After Hours Stamping' session.


Colouring with blends is one of my favourite things, and on Friday I received the new blend colours so I tried out Shy Shamrock mixed with a little Wild Wheat for the leaves and Petunia Pop with some Berry Burst for the flowers.


The stamp set has made its way back to Adelaide with its owner so I fussy cut a bloom from the stamped images and glued it inside the card.

CARD 2:
The Country Woods striped paper reminded me of beach shacks/boat houses so the images were stamped from Beach Day.


Two surf boards were stamped on the striped colour pieces and die cut. The 'happy birthday' has been borrowed from a new stamp set Attention Shoppers.





Let's go check out Di Furniss' fabulous work of art.



 If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.

Happy crafting, 








7 comments:

  1. Your cards are both so wonderful! Your colouring on the first is spectacular, and I love how you've stamped the surfboards on the DSP in the second. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard27 March 2024 at 20:28

    Two beautiful cards Rachel. The colours on the flowers (Petunia Pop and Berry Burst ) look lovely together and I love the colours on the leaves too, who would have thought Wild Wheat would work with Shy Shamrock? Great use of the Country Woods DSP on the surf boards and background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel I love your cards and how different they are to each other. Love seeing the new In Colours used on your first card and they do pop against the neutral background. Fabulous fun fold for your second card where the scene works perfectly with the new DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wow, Rachel, for both your cards! I love the colour combinations in both cards, but your second card is especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards, and sneak peeks of new products, Rachel. The colour combination on your first card is really beautiful ... and the way you've coloured the leaves is fabulous. Great use of the awesome new DSP on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What brilliant cards, Rachel. Love the bright tones of your flowers and the new dies are cool too. I adore your 2nd fancy fold card, with those papers and the surf boards stamped on it, are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two delightful cards Rachel. So clever to borrow Kathryn’s bundle for some quick stamping and die cutting. I so love your colouring and colour combinations on your first card. The use of the woodgrain DSP is perfect with the Beach Day bundle. I do adore your second card xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel