Sunday 11 February 2024

As soon as Stampin' Up! opened the pre-order for the latest mini catalogue (which is available until 30 April, depending on supplies) I knew that the Perennial Lavender suite had won my heart! The suite has two bundles Perennial Postage and Painted Lavender, plus designer series paper, paper butterfly accents and shimmer gems.
To make it even easier, I could order all those items by entering just one number - #162613 into my order.

It seems I was not alone, as it is the hottest-selling item from the catty, and was even unavailable for a short time, until late last week.


I don't run any classes over December and January usually, as everyone is too busy with friends, family and enjoying summer, including me, but I do begin to prepare for my card classes. The only difficulty is that I am away from home a good deal of the time and have only a box of the latest supplies, plus the tools I keep at our holiday house. 

Card 1:



I always turn to the catalogue for inspiration when I have new stamps, and in this instance, I almost totally went with the design that was shown on page 22. I loved the Perennial Postage stamps and dies, so the idea of the double label was a winner, in my mind.


I wanted everyone to feel free to try a variety of different purple colour combinations by providing a large piece of Basic White for them to stamp more than the three images they needed for my design.


The large butterflies are available to purchase and leave as is, or colour using Blending brushes and ink. 


My Saturday class all went 'rogue' and flipped the designer series paper to the other side, changed out the base colour and improvised their own designs for the decoration.

Card 2:



The card above was the first card for February class, a simple fold using half a sheet of card for the base, and a great way to show co-ordinating papers to their best advantage. It is so important to cut and use the pretty papers you order, and even those older ones you have been hoarding. I wanted everyone to see how pretty the butterfly postmark looked on the label, and I know they all loved that.


The only stamping for this design was the label sentiment, an good way to ease back into crafting if it has been a while.


 Some took the option to do a little more stamping on the inside and were amused at my dilemma when 'big hugs' stamped crooked and I had to make a tag to hide it!

Card 3:


Card 3 was shared here already so you can click on that link to find out a little more about it. Craft & Chat classes are 2½ hours long and hopefully you learn something new at each one.

Masking and blending would have been the main technique this month, but also the idea of layering and mixing colours was another aspect. I would be happy to add you to my class list if you are able to travel to South Morang VIC for a session. Next classes are Saturday 2nd March 1:30 to 4, Wednesday 6th March 1pm-3:30pm and Thursday 7th March 10am-12:30pm.

All products used to make these cards are Stampin' Up! and are available in my online store or contact me to find out more details.It is a good time to shop during February as SALE-A-Bration continues until the 29th where you earn free product with every $90 increment of your order, so one stamp/die bundle will usually get you there, but it is also a good time to staock up on the basics like card and glue.


SHOP
Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums, and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post takes 5-10 days.
Y23ZQY7G






No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel