Wednesday 25 January 2017

Butterfly Basics Colour INKspiration #02



Tonight we're blog hopping with the Colour INKspiration Crew. Our aim is to inspire you to get creative too. You may have arrived here from the lovely Lou at 'With A Bow On Top'. If not, make sure you hop all the way round to see some amazing cards and projects.

Image may contain: plant and foodWe have some beautiful colours for this challenge, but I admit I rarely use Garden Green or Wisteria Wonder. I began by bringing out the 4 ink pads and studying them for a while. Soft Sky and Mint Macaroon are so pretty together that I chose them for the card stock. I also decided to head back to my shelf and select a much-loved but recently-neglected fave, Butterfly Basics. With the addition of the Bold Butterfly Framelits and Butterflies Thinlets, you have some magical possibilities.



Butterfly Basics is such an easy stamp set to use, and it is ideal for birthdays, weddings, sympathy all by changing the sentiment. It comes with two great sentiments, the 'Happy Birthday' you see on my card, and 'Sending Wishes Your Way'. Such a lovely font with this one.

I've been enjoying water colouring so much of late, I decided that was perfect today as well. After pressing hard into the ink pad lid (when closed) a puddle of ink forms which you can use to dip an Aqua Painter or Blender Pen into. It was an Aqua Painter for me today and Garden Green for the leaves and stems. Of course, water colouring does seem to reduce the density of the colour. With the fern leaves, I stamped off onto scratch paper, then stamped a second and third time for my art piece. Baker's Twine in Soft Sky and Elegant Eggplant (the closest I had to Wisteria Wonder).


It is always nice to finish off the inside of cards, and you get a glimpse of the layers and stamping on the inside of the card here. Would you like to join this challenge? Link up with our FB Colour INKspiration page.
You can go and check out Nikki Spencer now


Cheers, and happy crafting,
Rachel


13 comments:

  1. Elegant card with such beautiful colouring Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set and you have set it off beautifully with these colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rachel, I love that you have used an older set because I so need to do that too and revisit the AC...new stuff is awesome but the ol' faves need to shine to and this sure does, thanks honey xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Rachel. I must dust off this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. Lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rachel , one of my favourite sets that has been neglected with all the new stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colouring work Rachel. Your project reminds me to pull this out again, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and Thankyou for reminding about the beauty of the butterfly basics stamp set. You've done an awesome job. You card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty! These colours and images are such a perfect match, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Rachel! And I love that you've gone with an annual catalogue stamp set! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Rachel. Love the simplicity of this and the beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd forgotten I had this set! Love what you have done with it, your colouring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel