Sunday 13 August 2023

CTC #342 CASE Bright & Beautiful




CASE-ing The Catty Crew are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from Australia & New Zealand who take inspiration weekly from the catalogues. The catalogues are a fantastic resource, and we love to inspire you to seek inspiration there too.


My inspiration came from the middle card on the right in the picture above. There is a mix of DSP and a stamped panel on the front of the Catty sample which reminded me of a favourite layout of mine, a cropped front panel card. I'll share the measurements at the end of the post.


Balloons were included on my design also, just in place of the stars in the original, and the spot where the cut-out
 balloons originally were has been taken by a circle label. I prefer not to use gems on cards where there are young children in the household, as I can just imagine them thinking they are lollies and trying to eat them.


Stampin' Blends are my favourite for colouring, and I don't suggest that I am an expert but like most activities, the more you do the better you get. Using the Color Lifter is something I'd suggest trying. For the little critter I've used light & dark Crumb Cake with Light Petal Pink, and a Color Lifter to blend.



This is a particularly good design to make when your DSP is in the 6" by 6" size, as you can display both sides of the paper if they are a 'happy' pairing. There were even strips left over from this piece of Bright & Beautiful DSP.

CROPPED FRONT PANEL CARD (A4 card)

Paper:
Base - Half a sheet of card , cut 14.5cm by width of card, score at 10.5cm. Slice off 2.5cm from the bottom of the card front.
DSP - trim to 14cm wide before cutting a piece 5cm (X 14cm) for inside card, another piece 2.5cm (X 14cm) for top of card. I was able to use the reverse of the paper for the middle front panel and it measures 5cm by 14cm.
Basic white for the largest Stitched Circle, and to stamp an image from Zany Zoo. I also placed a 5cm by 14cm piece of Basic white inside above the DSP for a message to be written on. Scraps of coloured card for die cut balloons.






We love for you to share your projects using the challenges. We do request that the projects you submit have been created especially for this challenge. You can CASE directly or be inspired by a sketch/layout, colour combo or embellishment. Ask to join our Facebook group, and then add a picture of your CASE letting us know which card or project you've CASE-d.

Judy May is next stop on this blog hop.


69QEU2BR
1-31 August

SHOP
Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums, and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post takes 5-10 days.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel