Friday 10 September 2021

Using a Stamparatus For Background Stamps

 
Wild Roses is a wonderful "all-over" background stamp, which actually stamps an area larger than a standard card base.




Gorgeous Grape was my choice because that's the colour I was wearing, but stamped in a background stamp it is quite overpowering! White was added, including the die cut flowers using Artistic dies, to tone things down.


There is quite a large panel of these pretty roses to work with. The stamp is quite an awkward size to use on a block, and I prefer to put it on the Stamparatus. The image doesn't always ink up evenly, and it is easier to repeat stamp on the Stamparatus.


I also tried out the Spiral Dye background stamp as seen on page 118 of the Annual catalogue. 


There is a technique where you turn it 180 degrees and stamp in a second colour.


Using Gorgeous Grape and Mango Melody may have been a poor choice, as it ended up looking like Halloween to me. Anyway, stamping in pastel shades seems a pleasing alternative. Fresh Freesia and Pale Papaya are the subdued pair, next to my card.


Maybe a Melbourne Storm supporter could help me get it closer to the team colours, and I could add a cap? Next Tuesday, my Facebook Live will again feature the Stamparatus, and how useful it is for stamping sentiments. Buy your Stamparatus and spend just $5 more for your first SAB reward.

CF7GY9TY

Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums, and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share, and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post takes 5-10 days.



Maybe you are wanting to stock up on crafting goodies? There has never been a better time than now. Select $235 worth of Stampin' Up! products from either catalogue and pay only $169, including shipping, catalogues and business supplies. Then you get to add a bundle (see at end of post) which you choose yourself too and add to your starter kit.
With the most expensive bundle being worth $104.25, you are potentially able to order $339.25 worth of products and still pay $169 total.


I would love to have you in my team, most of the crew would consider themselves "shoppers with a discount" (discount starts at 20%) but you can take this business further if you wish. We have a private Facebook page where we share what we are making and get to know each other a little better. Even if you have been in my team (or someone else's) before and have dropped, there is still room for you now. Reach out if you want to know more and check this page for some more questions answered.




< Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel