Sunday 12 April 2020

Inspired by Ornate Garden CTC#267 week 1





There are so many ways to be inspired by Ornate Gardens, but this week I'm looking at two pieces of the designer series paper. The paper is always a good place to begin as it provides a colour palette, often quite novel, to kick start creativity.


 Lovely Lipstick is not one of the colours used in this paper, as it is due to retire at the end of May, and this Ornate Garden Suite is an early preview from the NEXT Annual Catalogue. I do like the Lovely Lipstick with this paper though. It has been diecut with the largest Ornate Frame. Last Tuesday, I used Lots Of Happy when I recorded a video, and I've used two stamps from that kit on this card too. Truth is, I've misplaced (temporarily, I hope) the small flower stamp from Ornate Style. I remember peeling it off the block and sticking it to something on my desk for safe-keeping, but can't remember exactly what, and it's missing. So sad...


I resolved not to dwell on it, so pulled up my britches and substituted Lots Of Happy so I could finish my card for the blog.


This daisy is another of the 12 gorgeous papers, and I stamped the small daisy from Ornate Style this time. Free As A Bird has the loveliest, 'friendly' sentiments, in such a delicate font too. On Tuesday I will demo this card on Facebook, it is such a nice style of card to show off designer series paper, and these beautifully ornate frames and borders.


Ornate Borders dies is bundled with Ornate Thanks for the 10% discount, while Ornate Layers dies is paired with Ornate Style for the same 10% discount. It's a mighty big suite, and there are several ways to buy it, and yes - it is available to customers NOW! There will be links following this blog, which will link you to my online shop, where you can browse to your hearts content.


Shannon Kissane is up next


Have you been inspired to share something? You don't need to own the Ornate Garden Suite to join in, just perhaps the colours, or florals. I look forward to seeing lots more inspiration on our Challenge page

UNWQJMJN




.

Product List

8 comments:

  1. I love the die cut edge on the dsp. And I love the novel fold to show off the dsp. Two amazing cards. Love this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards that really highlight the DSP. Love the fold card and the greeting suits it well. I hope your MIA stamp reappears soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, this DSP is so pretty. The die cut edge looks amazing with the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super pretty cards. I love how you've let the DSP be the star. I really hope you've found your missing stamp - I hate it when that happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both gorgeous ways to showcase the beautiful DSP Rachel. Love the look of the yellow fold, I haven't done that one for a long time. I hope your missing stamp shows up- sadly I am all too familiar with that horrible feeling, but great substitute from the lots of happy kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’ve showcased the DSP beautifully. Love how you’ve added the sentiments. I hope your stamp shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful, Rachel. I love how the second one doesn't have a full front. So clever!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel