Wednesday 6 March 2024

Colour Creations - Week 43 - Pumpkin Pie

 



Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. We love chatting, crafting and getting together in person. This is week 43 of our blog hop and the featured colour is Pumpkin Pie.



I have to confess that Pumpkin Pie would have to be my least favourite colour in the range, but it has been around a long time and it survived the last colour refresh so I guess someone is buying it! 

Card 1



Using a colour sparingly with a lot of white is a good way to deal with an aversion. Ha ha!


This bundle has some interesting dies included - suprises! I have used one of the circles here with stamping hidden in behind.



The verses in this stamp are perfect for the inside of cards and the font is large and clear. I am using these sentiments on many of my cards at the moment.




Card 2


Jungle Pals has been and gone now that SALE-A-Bration is over so hopefully, if you wanted it, you have it. My youngest grandchild is turning six very soon, and this is for him.


Mason told me recently that he likes orange and green, two of the three colours on my summer sandals, so I decided to go with that  for his card. I do think the Pumpkin Pie '6' does stand out beautifully on this mainly green card. And it had to be the large, retired numeral!


The patterned papers have come from three different packs but that is the wonderful thing about Stampin' Up! - fabulous co-ordination!
For someone who doesn't like Pumpkin Pie, I amazed myself with two cards this week. WOW!


I decided that I must add Mason's name to his card before I gave it to him, I do love a personalised card.



Next stop on this hop is my lovely friend Theresa. I can't wait to see what Theresa has made!



If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.

Happy crafting, 





8 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard6 March 2024 at 20:28

    Two great cards Rachel. I also find PP is one of the colours I use least. Great idea to use PP sparingly on the first I love all of the white space. Your second card is a wonderfully fun card, I'm sure it will be loved by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Pie has long been one of my least favourite SU! colours, too, Rachel ... but I am loving the creations I'm seeing tonight! It's a great colour for flowers, and I got a laugh out of your comment of using lots of white to mask a colour aversion! Pumpkin Pie is the perfect orange for the tiger and number 6 on your grandson's card ... he's going to love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel your grandson is going to absolutely adore your Jungle Pals card and I love the use of white space to conquer your "aversion" on the first card! Amazing to have 2 cards completed in your least favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard7 March 2024 at 13:31

    Two great cards Rachel. Funny how so many of us say that we have or had an aversion to Pumpkin Pie yet everyone has given us beautiful creations. I'm actually warming to it after this hop. Hope your grandson loved his card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel your first card is very pretty and I adore that sentiment and font. But your second card is adorable with the wild animals amongst the jungle greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card with all the white around the pumpkin pie flowers and the hidden message behind. But that '6' card is brilliant! Mason is sure going to love opening that one. I adore the type of fold with that inside panel being held by the crocodile, and lifts up. Two fantastic cards for a colour most of us are not drawn to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful cards Rachel. Looking at your cards , one couldn’t tell you don’t care for PP. I love your first card with PP flowers against lots of white. You have me guessing what is hiding behind the die cut circular piece. I am sure Mason will be super excited with his card. I adore the pops of PP with the number, tiger and toucan. Another gorgeous card too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Rachel!, your grandson is absolutely going to love his card with the the Jungle Pals. so much to love in that card! He is going to look at that for ages! Lovely daisies as well in your first card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel