Thursday 16 August 2018

Thrifty Thursday #8 - Christmas

For Thrifty Thursday this week, I'm trying to show a way to save money by using a mix of older Christmas stamps, mixed with non-Christmas stamps to create a new, different Christmas card.
Image result for christmas images clipart
I have just booked to go to Orlando Florida for the 30th Anniversary celebrations of this great company I work for, Stampin' Up! Although I have been planning and saving for this trip for some time, now that we're on the homeward stretch, I'm really cutting back to have some spending money for my trip. Of course, I have some new sets from the Annual Catalogue already, and it's just a bit tough that the Holiday Catalogue follows so hot on its heels.
 

I have decided not to rush to order from the Holiday Catalogue, as I won't be using any of it for classes in the next 2 months. I wanted to see what I was able to achieve with supplies already 'in house', so to speak.


I've recently been experimenting with some of my stamps and the stamparatus, using a technique called stamping in the round. Jars of Love provided a couple of leafy images, stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Soft Seafoam.I'd never used the little three dashes stamp before (I don't think), but it is my representation of holly, in Lovely Lipstick. I have a handful of the Crumb Cake envelopes (retired) left over, so I might make more to use the envelopes.


The second stamp set already on my shelf is Seasonal Chums, with this cute, chubby little reindeer. As well as the deer, it has provided the sentiment, which fits onto the label from Stitched Labels Framelits. The red one underneath is a small one from the Bunch of Banners Framelits.

Do you think this qualifies as a Thrifty Thursday hint? Please let me know which other older stamps could make Christmas cards too.
774FSECQ




No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel