Thursday 9 August 2018

Thrifty Thursday #7

I'm a hoarder, I have to confess. For years I bought pretty paper and couldn't bring myself to cut it. Then I joined a group and got some help for my problem, and I've managed to cut a lot of paper into 10 cm X 14 cm pieces, or a half centimetre smaller both sides to mount onto card, and at odd moments I have a session making these cards up.

I usually use up-to-date stamps (this one is Picture Perfect Birthday) and dies to finish these cards off, but there might be retired ribbon or embellishments. In trying to finish off the Tangerine card, I mis-stamped the sentiment rather badly. Too crooked to be saved, so had another more successful attempt which you can see - YAY!

So what to do with the ruined one? Well, it could go in the recycling bag, or I could do a little work on it. I tore the middle out, stamped a piece to put behind and I now have a shabby chic card to add to this collection. Double YAY! I know that others have done this too, and I wonder if it was out of necessity or by design.

I hope this thrifty tip has inspired you to try some of your own.
GR9CWSP3


2 comments:

  1. You're so funny!! What "group" did you join to help you with your "problem"?? great idea- we all have too much paper!! might just have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrifty Thursday is my own little 'thing' Liz! I realised just how often I try to save time, or paper scraps etc and thought it would be fun to share them!

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel