Thursday 28 June 2018

AWH CASE-ing The Annual Catty


Tonight the Art With Heart team are sharing creative projects CASE-ing the new annual catalogue. Stampin' Up!® catalogues are full of great art work provided by professional designers but it is perfectly okay to CASE (copy and selectively edit) these creations and make them your own. If you would like a copy of the new 2018 - 2019 annual catalogue, contact any of the girls on the blog hop and we will get in touch with you.



You'll find the card (pictured below) on page 16 of the Annual Catalogue, and I've already seen it CASE-d a few times. I decided to take a long look at it, and then without referring back to the picture, try to make my version from memory. I did make a decision to use the leaves from Rooted In Nature, because I love them so much!


Highland Heather was selected for the base. Leaves from Rooted in Nature were stamped and die cut, and with a flower bud from Oh So Eclectic, were added to the card. A stamp from Sunshine Sayings was perfect for adding silver heat embossed smears, and champagne foil diecut with another die from Oh So Eclectic. The Basic Gray cat seemed to suit this changed colour scheme pretty well, so it has been slotted in there and a thank you from Petal Palette topped it all off.


This type of card does not really come naturally to me, so I'm grateful for the inspiration provided by the artists who create for the catalogue.


Now to share how CASE-ing can then produce an entirely different card, I made another which is more my 'usual' style - clean & layered. This inspiration struck on a sleepless night, and I got up and made it at 2 a.m. - fortunately at the weekend!!!!


Stitched All Around is on the very next page of the catalogue, Page 17 and amongst the dies is a plate that produces the delightful cross-stitch-like background, which allows a hint of colour through. The leaves were stamped, with one die cut and lifted with dimensionals. I totally meant to include the spotted ribbon, because I just love it so, but being 2 a.m. I wasn't going to get it completely right!!!


There's a larger bloom from Oh So Eclectic, the 'thank you' from Petal Palette and both those pieces were cut using Petals & More Thinlit dies.
 Now it's time to see the project that the very talented Andrea Roberts has CASEd.
If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:





10 comments:

  1. Great use of the inspiration piece from the catalogue. Thanks for taking part in the CASE the catalogue blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one to get inspiration while I'm in bed. Last night it was just as I got in, and I just had to get up and try it out - thankfully it worked, or I would have been up all night trying to get it right! Your cards are fantastic, and I never would have guessed that you struggled with the style on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love that stitched background on the last card, but they are both lovely cards using that cat punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that colour combination is amazing Rachel and your cards are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to CASE from memory, it really does help to make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to case this one too!! haha glad I didnt as you have done such a great job, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your combination of colours Rachel, your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of texture, quirkiness and the cat! Who wouldn't like it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Rachel, and thanks for reminding me about those dies! I keep bypassing them, then I remember the cross stitch background . . . .!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are all gorgeous Rachel, love all the colour combinations and all the layering, especially love your green card and kitty just finishes them of beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel