Saturday 3 February 2018

Dancing On

A dear friend wanted a card made and began telling me a story about a loved daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. She loved music and dancing, and my friend wanted to know whether I could make something with Beautiful You.



As she spoke I envisioned this card and could hardly wait to take up ink and stamps to see if it would come together, as I imagined. The dancing girl was stamped first and then masked before I randomly inked up Sheet Music and stamped diagonally across.

 Once the images had dried I set to work with Stampin' Blends in shades of blue, beige and grey. It seemed to meet my friend's expectations, and I really think these commission pieces are much easier to work on when you hear a little about the person.


It inspired me to continue on and make my spare image into a card there and then (instead of cooking dinner!) and you can see that one here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel