Sunday 9 April 2017

Beautiful You Encore

In recent weeks I have been cutting and using DSP (Designer Series Paper/patterned paper) because on June 1st we will have a revamp, when the Stampin' Up!® Annual Catalogue goes live. I'm not 'letting any cats out of the bag' when I say it's fabulous, because it always is full of exciting stamp sets, dies and paper we didn't know we wanted, till we saw them in the Catty!(I have had a little peek too, shhhh). Do you like punches? You won't be disappointed. Do you like framelits? You won't be disappointed either. The retiring list is announced on Tuesday 11 th so you might want to take a look at what we are farewelling. If you must have it, you need to make a quick decision as things sell out fast. Check it in the online store. Remember, there will be new specials loaded Tuesday.


This sophisticated miss, Beautiful You stamp set is backed with black and white plus a pop of pink. I used paper from the Playful Palette paper stack. These are great little 6 inch square stacks with 48 sheets of patterned paper in them, very suitable for card-making and not as expensive as the 12 inch square packs.


There is no recipe for the angled cut. I am a very 'hands-on' crafter, so I usually place it, then turn it all over and trim. I've coloured quite lightly using a Melon Mambo watercolour pencil and the Stitched Shape Framelits have come in very handy here.


Again, this is another of the lasses from Beautiful You. I've used minimal colouring, just the dress and hat and I used a stamp from this set to colour the skirt in this carefree way. Around the bodice and hem, I've added some colour with pencil too, but not much. This DSP has already become unavailable, as it was the bonus one available during SALE-A-Bration, Carried Away.
This pack has some gorgeous paper included, so count yourself lucky if you have some. 

I was away in W.A. for the last 10 days and arrived home too late tonight (due to bad weather delaying the flights into Melbourne) to link into the CASE-ing The Catty Blog Hop, so this is my consolation post for you.

Cheers, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel