Sunday 18 September 2016

All That Glitters CTC96



Welcome to my blog this week. Whether you have started here with me or come from Rebecca's blog, don't forget to continue hopping around until you reach your starting point again. This week we are CASE-ing the Big Shot, pages 8-11.I have taken a lot of creative liscence with this week's challenge, since Rebecca has already featured the cards I had planned, Only fair, as she didn't leave her entry to the last minute like I did!!!!

I HAVE used my Big Shot to texture emboss with the Pretty Paisleys textured embossing folder and I also die cut Botanical Blooms with the very same Big Shot. My inspiration comes from the many wreaths featured through the Holiday Catalogue.
Now I have to confess, I stayed up late after my Friday night class students left, so I may have been a bit hyped-up, and those bling-loving-girls may just have influenced the design a tad. The Wink of Stella clear had a bit of a work out in class, and again on my wee project. (I'm pretty sure you'll even be able to glimpse it in the second picture),

My last order had the Bunch of Banners Framelits in it, and I broke them open to cut 'birthday' from the Hostess set in the Annual catalogue, Time Of Year. I did try my card out with the big sentiment from the same set 'thinking of you' but there was no space for 'on your' so I whipped out the 'happy' from  Hello You Thinlets which fits perfectly!


Whatever did I do before I had my Big Shot?

My September classes featured some different things you can do with Flourishing Phrases stamps and the Flourish Thinlets, and the Friday girls were happy to share their cards (but not their faces).





The lovely Monique is next on this blog hop, I wonder what she has shared?




Thanks for dropping by, Cheers, Rachel

8 comments:

  1. Rachel this is great, especially love the added bling as I am a bit of a blinger myself lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry for taking your idea!! But your card is gorgeous!!! And you can never be too sparkly on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Rachel on the last minute creating!!! And I couldn't live without my Big Shot!
    Love your card - so nice to see you showcase the embossing folder, I think it's the hidden gem of the catalogue! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel I have been wondering what the embossing folder looks like in real life so thanks so much for showcasing it here. It's quite sweet isn't it, and looks great with the flowers around. The happy is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Rachel. Must break open that embossing folder. Couldn't do without my Big Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colours on your card - they look so great with the sparkle, bling and silver!! And, yes, thank you for showing that gorgeous embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card makes me happy, so much colour and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Rachel! Couple of things I LOVE here - bling, silver sentiment and the colouring on the embossed feature!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel