Friday 19 June 2015

Birthday Blossoms CTC#35


Welcome back to the CASE-ing The Catty Blog Hop and this week we are CASE-ing pages 13-18, the 'Thanks' section of the catalogue. Have you begun here, or did you come from Alison's blog? Either way, continue hopping from blog to blog until you have visited all and reach your starting point. We love to have you visit.

I flipped through to page 18, where there is a very simple card, Quick & Easy, the label says and it definitely is that. It was a day when I was playing with Birthday Blossoms though, and I always need heaps of birthday cards, so I skipped the thanks this time and went straight to happy birthday. With the Color Coach dropped from the catalogue, I had to dream up my own combination, and chose Soft Sky and Mint Macaron, both soft, sweet shades. Birthday Blossoms is a great stamp set with the cluster of flowers, a single flower which can be punched with the Pansy Punch, some leaves and five sentiments, several of them quite different from recent ones. The flowers seem a little too subtle, but we don't seem to have a blue between Soft Sky and Marina Mist for intensity.

Now, it would be so easy for me to step-it-up, but it has been pointed out to me that plenty of people like quick and easy too, so that is what I have gone with today.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I'd love you to say hi in the comments before you pop over to see what  Stasia at Stampin' & Scrappin' With Stasia has in store for you. I have to say, I love her card.

Cheers,
Rachel





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

  1. I agree Rachel, I love that you kept this simple, giving the cluster of flowers a chance to shine. Sometimes we need a quick beautiful card just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful clear and simple card, great colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you CASEd this Rachel, I looked at it too. Love your card. Can see this as a great make and take too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours & imagery are so soft & delicate. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's hard to stop isn't it? I've been conscious lately of trying to keep things more simple so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that you kept it clean and simple, Rachel. A great layout for any occasion too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and elegant. I like the simple uncluttered look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity - and a really lovely CASE!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel