Monday 29 December 2014

Many Merry Stars

I promise you this will be my very last Christmas-related post this year! I had some very grand plans for table decorations, but I ran out of time unfortunately, and after all, it is probably more important to get the food organised.

I did make some gift card holders using the Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlets Dies. The design has been very heavily influenced by this card by Teneale Williams, another Australian demonstrator who is on the Stampin' Up! International Artisan Design Team. I love the detail Teneale uses on her cards, but I am not so good about all of that. Holiday Invitation provided the Be Merry sentiment, cut with the long banner in the Gift Envelope set. The star is from Many Merry Stars stamp set that came out in a supplementary leaflet, and doesn't appear to be carrying over, so if you like this clean star which co-ordinates with the Star Framelits, best you order in the next week. (Photopolymer 138105 $27.95). The Santa and sleigh silhouette comes from Holiday Home, another great photopolymer stamp set, also not carrying over. 5th January is the last day to order these items. Under the Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper has been used on the belly band holding the envelope closed, and that is over on Year End Closeout sale at $15.39, down from $21.95. it is actually more like a card, not paper and would be perfect for making gift boxes. You should be able to click on the picture below to get taken directly to that item in my online shop, all available only till 5th January 2015.

I was rushing to get these made the night before our family gathering, so there are no little buttons or linen thread on mine, but a couple of the mini staples did the job and are totally appropriate for a bunch of boys. I don't often get compliments on my crafty projects from my sons, but apparently this was pretty good. Or maybe it was what was inside?

And, a really big statement from the eldest (which I may happen to agree with too) - "This was the best Christmas ever!"

Hope yours was just as jolly,
Rachel

I have a general card class on Wednesday 14th January at 1pm and another Project Class (page 16 of the Occasions Catalogue) on Tuesday 20th January - check for picture on the CLASS page, or contact me.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel