Friday 10 October 2014

Little Blue (Gift) Bag CTC#12

This fortnight at CASE-ing The Catty we are CASE-ing gift boxes and bags. We would love to see what you do to dress up your gift giving too. Please share with us, you have time to enter this challenge.

I haven't made too many gift boxes or bags before this, so I visited Sam at Pootles, who often shares bags, boxes and other gift ideas. This is a fabulous bag with a finished size of 6" X 3½" X 2" (15cm X 9cm X 5cm), so useful to dress up a sweet gift. See at the end for the dimensions.

Somehow or other, I have 'accidently' bought three packs of the All Is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper. I think it was because every time I looked in the Holiday Mini Catalogue, I liked it so much, I added it to my order!!!

It is such good quality too, I'm sure to use some more for bags before the Season of Giving is done.You can also read through the Holiday Catalogue by clicking on the icon over to the right of where you are reading (on the web) or send me an email and I will post to you if you're in Australia.

To match the paper, the Endless Wishes stamp set is a perfect fit. I decided to use Deco Label Framelits, mainly because its so easy to make a layered tag using two consecutive sizes. The words are stamped in Lost Lagoon ink onto the same coloured card (it comes out a little darker) and you could use Stazon white or Craft Whisper White, like I did, for the snowflakes.

I punched a couple of holes which went through several folds of paper before tying it  up with the lovely Lost Lagoon stitched satin ribbon.
Add a scattering of rhinestones, a banner of Silver Glimmer Paper and tie it to  the ribbon with the silver Baker's Twine and I think that's about done!


Recipe: Take a piece of card or DSP measuring 8" by 11½" -you can get that out of a piece of our (Australian/New Zealand) A4 size.
With the long side to the top of the Simply Scored, score at 3½", 5½", 9" & 11".
Turn 90° and score the short side at 2".
This is the base of the bag and you need to cut the long score lines up from the bottom to where it was scored across at the  2" mark.
Of course, I'll be happy to help out with any queries, if you need help, just leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.
Don't forget, add your gift box or bag at CASE-ing The Catty!

Cheers,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous bag made from gorgeous paper! Sam Hammond's tutorials sure are handy!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel