Monday 18 November 2013

World Map

Last week was my husband's birthday and to celebrate, our rather large family went to Werribee Open Range Zoo for an outing and picnic. The weather was a bit on the cool side, but the rain held off.  Most of the zoo is accessible on a open-sided bus which takes you quite close to giraffe, zebras, rhinos and hippos. On foot you can see more of the hippos, as well as gorillas, lions and cheetahs. In the photo at right, the boys are 'driving' a jeep, and the windscreen is part of the view into the lions' enclosure. Apparently, the engine part of the jeep is heated at times, so the lions come down and sleep right there, at the window.

I thought I would share the birthday card I made my husband, after seeing this card on Debbie Henderson's blog. I used the same colour scheme and didn't deviate far from her design either. I'm a big fan of Debbie's work and decided you can't improve on perfection.

Stamps: World Map (130342), Chalk Talk (130631), Sketched Birthday (130423)
Framelits: Chalk Talk (129983), Itty Bitty Banners(129267)

You can order any of these from my online store by entering those code numbers, and if you want a workshop on this technique, email me to see if we can find a time and place that suits.

It has just occurred to me that it is rather a funny coincidence that the country that features on World Map is Africa, and the majority of animals at the Open Range Zoo were also from Africa. Maybe I should have included an animal from my newest favourite stamp set, Zoo Babies ( 130453)as well?


Thanks so much for visiting,have a good week
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel