Monday 21 October 2013

An Apple a Day.........Get well RS#86


I haven't been making many cards lately because I have over one thousand photos to scrapbook, from my seven weeks away in Ireland, Scotland, England and France. I had a tough day at work today, and decided a little relaxation was in order, so I have taken the sketch at Retro Sketches and put together this Get Well card.
We had a team meeting last week, and we frequently bring show and tell. Mary had some cards to show, and one had the cutest little paper bow on it, which looked like it was a miniature of the Gift Bow Bigz L Die, in the holiday catalogue. Of course, it wasn't, and Mary was happy to share how she'd made it with the oval punches, so I made one as soon as I arrived home so I wouldn't forget. Thanks Mary, for the tip!

I've used Soft Suede, and Old Olive card with Real Red and Chocolate Chip ink and Tea For Two DSP. I have a bit of a 'thing' for apples on Get Well cards (you know, an apple a day keeps the doctor away) and Stampin' Up! doesn't currently have an apple stamp, so I pulled out the retired Perfectly Preserved and stamped and die cut the apple and leaves. The other retired item I've used is the spiral punch to make notepaper in Old Olive. The cute little journalling note is from Everything Eleanor, punched out with the 2½ inch scalloped circle punch and the greeting is from the Hostess set Express Yourself.

I've used another greeting from Express Yourself inside the card too, Better Get Better, along with a second apple image (see below).
Don't forget to pop over to Retro Sketches for some more inspiration, and thanks so much for visiting my blog.






Have a great week,
Rachel

Express Yourself

Everything Eleanor




1 comment:

  1. Super cute card! Great take on this week's Retro Sketch! -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel