Wednesday 29 May 2013

Roses for a Birthday


Time to make a card for a challenge I think!

I really like this sketch by Steph, at Sunday Stamps you could use it in so many different ways. I chose the 'soon to retire' Elements of Style stamp set along with the lovely and also soon retiring Perfect Punches. I particularly like the birthday greeting from this set, and I have to say that I am more than a little sentimental about Elements of Style as my late mother gave it to me, when she was right into stamping and I was only beginning to dip my toes in. My darling mother grew the most beautiful roses, as did her mother before her, so even the image brings back some warm memories.



I stamped the image with black Stazon onto Stampin' Up! watercolour paper and punched three random squares with the Postage Stamp Punch, before colouring them with shades of pink with Stampin' write markers and a Blender pen. The background has been stamped with the same stamp and Stampin' Up! Illuminate ink, which gives a lovely, pearly effect. As well as using Basic Jewel pearls to trim the tag, I've scattered a few on the background.
Picked 2nd June 3013! Hurray!
Rachel, Elements of Style is one of my fav sets, so you won me over with that, but I also love how you used the floral image and scattered tiny pearls throughout. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rachel. What a lovely story to share of your mother, very touching. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week. Your watercoloring looks amazing. Hope to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL birthday card. Love how you used the Postage Stamp Punch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, delicate card! I love how you've scattered the pearls around! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am especially fond of your card because this is one of my all time favourite sets! I'm sad to see it go... but you created such a beautiful card with it... Love how you highlighted different aspects of the large floral image. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel