Sunday 25 August 2024

CTC #484 CASE the Annual Catalogue





CASE-ing The Catty Crew are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from Australia & New Zealand who take inspiration weekly from the catalogues. The catalogues are a fantastic resource, and we love to inspire you to seek inspiration there too. 



Turning to the back of the Stampin' Up! annual catalogue, there is a section covering techniques. Pages 124-125 covers four masking techniques. Masking is a favourite technique of mine and I have recently taught this in a class. I have CASEd the Block & Roll technique, with a little twist.


I masked with strips of masking paper but coloured with blending brushes. After colouring the first piece of card I stamped the image and even though I used the stamp positioning tool, I didn't get a clear image. The second stamping was a touch 'off' and still not clear, so that ended up the rubbish bin.


These issues made me decide to get the stamping done first and that allowed me to blend colour a little more selectively. I blended Coastal Cabana and Fresh Freesia, although it looks like Petunia Pop, even IRL.




Now it's your turn. We do request that the projects you submit have been created especially for this challenge. You can CASE directly or be inspired by a sketch/layout, colour combo or embellishment. Ask to join our Facebook group, and then add a picture of your CASE.


Next along the hop is the talented Rochelle Laird-Smith.



SHOP:

Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post takes 5-10 days.


I have been an active Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 14 years, and thanks to my wonderful team, I am at Silver Elite level. One of the joys of crafting is sharing it with others, so I hold monthly classes both in my home and in the community. Do get in touch if you have questions about classes or Stampin' Up! products.


JOIN OUR TEAM:

If you live in Australia, you can join my team, the FUNdamentals.  One of the great things about Stampin' Up!® is the support they give to their demonstrators, creating a lovely 'family' feel. There is no pressure to hold parties, classes or demonstrate unless this is a path you want to go down. Join my team now to take advantage of choosing $235 of product of your choice and pay $169. After that get at least 20% discount on orders. 





 

1 comment:

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel