Wednesday 28 August 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 18 - Coastal Cabana





Contributors to this blog hop are all members of Claire Daly's Art With Heart group. Every Wednesday night at 8p.m AEST we feature a fabulous Stampin' Up! colour, in alphabetical order.


Coastal Cabana is a lovely shade of blue-green and I had so many ideas for this project. However, I have been looking at my shelves and trying to use stamps that haven't had enough ink lately and Beauty of the Deep popped out at me.


It sat for a day or two before I decided to go back to the past to try out the retiform technique again. It really is a lot of fun and blending brushes make it so much easier than it used to be. I grabbed a pile of blue and green inks including Coastal Cabana and made a start.


Maybe I should have photographed the process as I worked, but it is something you can google and learn that way. I masked a small area and blended ink before stamping with the same shade and a stamp (or two) from Beauty of the Deep. You move the masks around creating geometric patches to colour and stamp. 


I find starting with a full quarter sheet of Basic White is best because it can be trimmed back afterwards to use the best portion of your artwork. To finish off I stamped 'Hey.' from Saying Hey and diecut 'friend' from Friends For Life dies to make a notecard to post to a friend.




Our next talented Art With Heart team member is the lovely Andrea Sargent

If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.

Happy crafting,





 

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, your retiform technique Coastal Cabana card looks stunning! The Beauty of the Deep stamp set works perfectly with this colour and this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool technique, Rachel. At first glance, I thought you'd attached lots of small pieces of different coloured card, in collage fashion. I love your unique card, with the bold sentiment and great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks fabulous! I love the stamping and use of coordinating colours, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Rachel. I love your use of the retiform technique with Coastal Cabana and other blues & greens. Your choice of Beauty of the Deep is perfect for your colour combo. So gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel your retiform technique card looks fabulous. I must google that technique. Great choice of colours and the bold "hey" is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The retiform technique is so fun and using this stamp set, is perfect for use with greens and blues. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel