Wednesday 7 June 2023

Colour Creations - Week #6 - Azure Afternoon


Each week members of the Art With Heart team participate in the Colour Creations Blog Hop to bring you creative inspiration showcasing gorgeous Stampin’ Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we feature Azure Afternoon, a brand new colour.

Last week I said during my Facebook live that I would use Beautiful Balloons this week, and I'm pleased to say I have, for the Azure Afternoon post. My biggest issue was, in an effort to stick to a budget, I purchased multi packs of the new colours, and there were only 2 sheets of each colour, so I now have just the tiniest scraps left!!!

When a new catalogue comes out, everyone is always excited to choose their favourites and order. Beautiful Balloons was in my pre-order and I made a couple of cards and then put it aside. This week it was time to play with it again.


To make the Azure Afternoon card go further, I have only heat embossed a sentiment onto a narrow strip. Inside I stamped a balloon, I stamped 'sparkles onto the Boho Blue balloons and the frame is also stamped in Azure Afternoon.


The Azure Afternoon is looking a bit too much like Boho Blue in these photos, but I think my second card might show the colour off a bit better.


Jacque Williams, a New Zealand demonstrator shared this simple wiper card on her blog which inspired a rush of creativity from me. I made  so many different cards using this fold but actually this one didn't work out so well. The pinata kept getting caught up on the flags, so I changed it onto a wobble spring.


Thank you for dropping by my blog. I'd love to hear whether you like Azure Afternoon or not.

The amazingly talented Tina Gillespie follows this week for some more inspiration using Azure Afternoon.




If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.




 

11 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard7 June 2023 at 20:41

    Two beautiful cards Rachel, I especially love the second card with the brightly coloured Mexican theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are both so wonderful, but I absolutely adore your Taco Fiesta card! That stamp set has held my heart since I first saw it, and I think you've used it perfectly. I love the cactus in the banner, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Azure Afternoon cards Rachel. I love them both. The balloon card is delightful with Azure Afternoon stamping on the balloon and beautiful frame. Your piñata card is so happy and I think the wobbler is a perfect addition. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love the Taco Fiesta card with the blue and the pops of pink, a great way to use the dot die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Rachel, these are fabulous cards. I especially love your second wiper card - so vibrant and colourful. I need to try a wiper card now after seeing your fabulous fancy fold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard8 June 2023 at 09:42

    Two fabulous cards Rachel but I especially love the Taco Fiesta card and I can imagine that the pinata on the wobble spring would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy guacamole, what a great card, so bright and cheery. Both cards are wonderful, but I love the second one, so much fun at the fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two bright, beautiful, cheery cards! I wasn't a fan of Azure Afternoon when I first started playing with it, but have done a complete about-face. I am impressed with how you eked out the scraps of Azure Afternoon card for your first card, Rachel! The second card is totally adorable. Love the holey background, and the cactus in the banner, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Rachel. Your second card is so vibrant and fun, and I love your colour choices. Card 1 definitely shows the softer side of Azure Afternoon with the colours used, and I really like the heat embossed sentiment in white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards and and the colours you used on your fiesta cards are very vibrant and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of your cards Rachel, they are fun an colourful! You have done extremely well showing off the colour with your scraps with being economical! I think the taco fiesta card is winning the poll by the looks of things. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel