Wednesday 31 May 2023

Colour Creations - Week #5 - Wild Wheat





It hasn't taken long for me to going from wondering if I'd ever use this colour, to absolutely loving it! In The Moment provided the perfect image to colour using Stampin' Blends in Wild Wheat for the hat and glass of wine.


Maybe the secret is to always place the colours I'm least fond of with Boho Blue, which I adore! Stamping the dress onto DSP allows you to 'dress' the lass in lovely patterns such as this stripe from the Countryside Inn DSP.



The other DSP is from the pack Fresh As A Daisy, which is probably why they co-ordinate so nicely.



Next week we will use Azure Afternoon for our projects. My talented friend Andrea Sargent has a wonderful project to share this week.


If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.







 

11 comments:

  1. Rachel, you had me at hat and wine! But seriously, I love how you've used WW and BB to create this dreamy scene, especially the paper pieced dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your theory that Boho Blue can make any colour look good, Rachel! That made me laugh. I love Wild Wheat, and am so pleased you've come to like it. Your card is lovely. How good is that DSP for the dress?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Rachel, I love how you have created the impression of a seaside scene purely with rectangles of colour and the stamped image. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard31 May 2023 at 20:53

    Really lovely card Rachel. I love the strips of DSP for the background and her stripy dress is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created a gorgeous card Rachel. I love her WW hat - perfect; and the glass of wine as well - just right. You have created a wonderful sense of a scene with DSP and I love her DSP dress. All so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard1 June 2023 at 14:05

    Haha Rachel I had to laugh at your comments that any colour looks good with Boho Blue! Your colouring of the image is lovely and the effect of stamping the dress on patterned paper effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is a real wow card, Rachel. I love your comment of Boho Blue (hehe) but maybe yu are right, aqny colour goes with blue! I love the paper piecing and the chosen layers of patterned papers. I adore it all and I think this may be my favourite tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel I love the scene you’ve created with the different DSP and superb colouring with the Blends markers, particularly the sun hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Rachel, I love the way you have created that stripey summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rachel, this is a lovely card. I just love the DSP dress and that Wild Wheat hat! I love the colour combo of WW and Boho Blue, and thank you for reminding me of those beautiful images from In The Moment stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rachel your card is gorgeous! Yes I think Boho Blue works well with everything too! Love how you have stamped on to the DSP to dress her but coloured the res in blends and then layered her on gorgeous DSP! I really need to get this stamp set out again you have made some gorgeous cards with it!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel