Wednesday 15 February 2023

Colour Creations -Week #40 - Poppy Parade

 


The participants in AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop are all Stampin' Up! demonstrators and members of Art With Heart. We love to Blog Hop sharing all the Stampin' Up! Colours alphabetically. This is week #40 and the lovely Poppy Parade is our colour.


Sometimes, even when you like the colour, and I do like Poppy Parade, it can be hard to think of a new way to feature it. Inspiration can be sought from designer series paper quite often, but this time I've taken a leaf out of my friend Tina's book and had a look to see what Brian King had combined.


Tahitian Tide and Poppy Parade are very happy companions, I wasn't so sure about the Highland Heather! The answer to that is to use only a tiny amount and it seems to have worked.


In fact, the colours in the finished project remind me so much of Dr Zeus's Cat in the Hat!



I had some fun stamping sentiments on the background in a organised-random way. Yes, that does sound a bit contradictory, but I wanted the words to be straight, while scattered. The Stamparatus helped me achieve that with a combination of step-stamping and moving the white card stock.


There are several sentiments in Best Day so a different one was stamped inside.

Next talented team member to share is Tina Gillespie, so let's see how she has mixed up the colours!


If at any time you find a broken link or would like to see a full list of participants, please head to the blog of our host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Catherine Proctor.





JOIN

If you live in Australia, you can join with anyone and I'd love to have you in my team, the FUNdamentals.  One of the great things about Stampin' Up!® and the Art with Heart team, is the support they give to their demonstrators, creating a lovely 'family' feel. There is no pressure to hold parties, classes or demonstrate unless this is a path you want to go down. Join my team now for 3 different options and after that get at least 20% discount on orders. 


Option 1
The exclusive Boho Blue Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine ($110 AU retail) and your choice of $315 AU in product for only $210.






Option 2
The original white mini machine ($110 retail) and your choice of $315AU in Stampin' Up product for only $210.








Option 3
Your choice of $315 of Stampin' Up! products for only $169.




Join here... https://bit.ly/JoinFundamentals
Common questions... https://bit.ly/FUNdamentalanswers

Want to find out more? Message me to make a time to chat. MOB: 0417 500 681




10 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love Dr Seuss and I love this vibrant colour combination - so it's not wonder I love your card so much. It is so fun and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - bright and fun! One of my favorite sets in the new catty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat critter is so cute and would look good in any colour combo. Rachel the organised-random stamping of sentiments adds to the cuteness of the card. Totally agree with you on the similarity to Cat in the Hat book colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Dr Seuss is exactly what came to mind when I saw your fun card! I'd be a bit scared by this colour combo, too, but you've nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel - your card is so cute. I love your colour combo - which surprises me - as I wouldn’t have chosen them together, yet they work so well. You have used each colour perfectly - just the right amount of each. Your random stamping in the background is delightful. All so gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, before I even read your post I thought - wow, that's so Dr Seuss! I love it! Great use and perfect balance of the three colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an unusual colour combo Rachel but it works well and does look very much like Dr Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that last comment was Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, it is very Dr Seuss like in those colours. I love your stamped sentiment background, so bright and happy. Your kitty cupcake and birthday sentiment are perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a super-cute, and very happy, birthday card, Rachel! How good does Tahitian Tide look with Poppy Parade? You've achieved a great balance of colour, using that trio. Love what you've made.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel