Saturday 11 June 2022

By My Side


At the end of May I shared on Facebook Live a paper piecing technique that's been around for ever & a day, as my lovely Mum used to say.



A very easy technique, you stamp the image once where it will be ending up, unless you are planning to die cut of fussy cut. By My Side does not have dies, so I chose to place them on basic white card and decided later which shape to cut.


You will have to also stamp onto pattern paper to 'dress' them in this case, although you can construct a scene using this technique. Clothes were all I used for these images, the remainder is coloured using Stampin' Blends, our alcohol markers.


By My Side is on page 52 of the Annual catalogue, tucked away in the kids & babies section.


It has been a long weekend here in Victoria, celebrating Queens Birthday. Of course the days are chilly, but I've filled them by baking biscuits and making pumpkin soup from my own home-grown pumpkin.

NGKCVBGD




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel