Sunday 3 October 2021

CTC#338 CASE A Sketch




The CASE-ing The Catty Crew are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from Australia & New Zealand who take inspiration weekly from the catalogues. The catalogues are a fantastic resource and we love to inspire you to seek inspiration there too.

This week we are CASE-ing a sketch, of the card from page 34 in the mini catalogue, and to help out, we have a simplified sketch to share. I love working from a sketch, what about you? Does it help or hinder your creativity?




The first card came together easily, as I mainly continued on from Tuesday's Facebook Live video using Tidings of Christmas DSP, Be Dazzling strips and the Christmas To Remember stamp again. The sketch has been followed fairly faithfully.


During the video, I mentioned how I will stamp a half page of embellishments, sentiments etc, especially if Christmas cards are being made. It's so much easier to create when the 'bits' are handy.


For my next two cards, I've stretched the sketch a little, but you can still see it as the source of inspiration, I think. I do love a bit of shine and glimmer, especially at Christmas, so Be Dazzling paper has been included on two out of three cards, and they all have shimmery ribbon of some sort.


Angels Of Peace
 is a new arrival to my craft space, so I was experimenting a little with techniques. Both images were stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The one above is on Pearlescent paper, and it has been water coloured using ink refills and a water painter.


For this sample I used Vellum cardstock and the alcohol ink technique. Colouring is with Stampin' Blends, the alcohol-based markers which Stampin' Up! sells in a combo of light and dark of selected colours. Drops of 99% alcohol (Diggers from Bunnings hardware) is dropped onto the coloured scribbles and it pools. I  blotted the angel's robe to give a softer, floatier look. Hopefully you'll feel inspired to play along with the challenge this week, happy crafting.


Here is your link to join in the challenge to CASE the Sketch with us. Any stamp set, colours etc, just use your Stampin' Up! products. Post your creation here on Facebook.



Next up is Peta and I expect Marvi too.




Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums, and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share, and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post takes 5-10 days.











 

Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$17.00
Bone Folder
[102300]
$12.00
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy this week! Your cards are all so wonderful, but I especially love your soft, floaty angel. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. Love the be dazzling strips look great and I love how the sparkle is also in the ribbon. The subtlety of the angel cards is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so so beautiful!! I love your work, and the Angel cards are so glorious!! I loooooove the colouring with the alcohol markers! And the Be Dazzling highlights on the red card are sublime! I love what you've done with all these cards!! Thankyou for all your amazing inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the vertical stripes in the background of your 1st card. The little bursts of Be Dazzling makes a perfect impact. I love your angels but am particularly drawn to the alcohol background. You have had a lot of fun this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three stunning cards! I love the strips of the Be Dazzling paper at the top of the first card. The Angels are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel