Monday 8 March 2021

Teen Boy's Birthday

My biggest challenge is creating a birthday card to suit the personality of my grandchildren and every year gets trickier. I have 6 grandsons aged 3-13, and only one grand daughter, who will turn 8 in March and I find the older they get, the harder it is to come up with suitable cards for the boys.


Mr 13 lives on the coast, where the favourite leisure activities are outdoors, of course. Surfing, skateboarding, basketball & scooters, and indoors he is obsessed with checking his phone and i-pad for messages. He sounds pretty normal - right?

Lying in bed one night recently, it came to me that I could attempt a 'graffiti wall' card, so I was quite excited to give it a try, using an easel card. I do always try to come up with a different fold as well, particularly for this family with 3 kids who keep their cards in a treasure box and when they were younger took them to school for "show & tell". That's the way to a Gran's heart!!!


The card front was made twice, so I was glad I'd used the Stamparatus to position the stamps. I texture embossed the card front first time around before heat embossing and it was patchy. It may have been alright, but I wasn't happy.


This is what you end up with when you stamp with Versamark, heat emboss with white embossing powder, then texture emboss with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder before using a blending brush and Cinammon Cider ink to give some depth to the wall. 


With an easel card, a stopper of some sort is needed.I found that a couple of layers cut with Tasteful Labels dies, topped with numbers is very adequate at holding it in place.


 A big selection of stamp sets, including a retired one, were used in the making of this card!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel