Monday 19 March 2018

Beers Of The World

I had so much fun putting this card together for my son's birthday. Bubble Over dictated what his gift would be this year, particularly as he is the most difficult person I know to buy a gift for. Watercolor paper saturated well and coloured with Tranquil Tide and Lemon-Lime Twist made a pleasing background.


A few weeks ago when I went searching for the beers, I found out that these are an item usually only stocked at Christmas time. Luckily, the store manager I spoke to had a feeling he had some at his other store, gave them a call and then reduced the price dramatically for me.


I delivered a number of birthday gifts to that household this weekend just past, all overdue unfortunately. It's a shame they live nearly 2 hours drive away, and have so many sporting obligations. I also found out that my daughter-in-law has kept every card I've made for my 5 year old grand-daughter, that's 6 cards. I was so touched that she does that, definitely makes it worthwhile being a card maker.





No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel