Monday 7 November 2016

Swaps For Onstage November 2016 Brisbane

I was a bit rushed yesterday when I arrived home from Stampin' Up!® Onstage Live in Brisbane. The actual conference began at 2pm on Thursday, but I'd flown in on Wednesday to have time to wander around Brisbane and relax a little. I shared a studio apartment with team mate, Kathryn Mangelsdorf again.

From left around the table:- Kathryn, Julia, Bronwyn, Simone, Kelly, Jackie, Rebecca, me and Tricia.


CASE-ing The Catty Crew were meeting for brunch on Thursday morning to meet face to face for one of the few times we can, since we are from all parts of Australia and even New Zealand. On the left you can see my swap card. We each make a card multiple times to exchange with all other members of the team. It's a great way to collect samples made in a different style to your own, or even with stamps you don't possess. That can be such a bonus, when you share these cards with your team, your class students and customers.
I decided to try a very different colour for my Christmas card, not that different is better. What do you think of Delightful Dijon as a Christmas colour? I've been very pressed for time lately, so my swap card had to be very easy to make. I actually packed all the bits, and stamped, coloured and constructed it while on a weekend away.

I used a variety of stamps for the simple panel, Jar Of Cheer is the main image, coloured with markers. I used the star stamp from Merry Mice on the white panel, as well as the card base. Joy To The World is the sentiment from the stamp set Tin Of Tags, which goes with a kit of the same name. A piece of gold cord has been tied in a bow around the bottom of the illustrated panel, and for a bit more festive fabulousness, a sprinkle of gold Wink Of Stella has been flicked across.

There were 550 demonstrators at Onstage 2016, but despite that, the crew kept running into each other all over the place. Returning from lunch on the third day, I found a lot of CASE-ing the Catty gathered around the sign, so I jumped in and joined them for this picture. Unfortunately, Simone and Bronwyn are missing from this one, but Krissy and Judy were here, after missing the brunch on Day One.


Cheers, Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel