Thursday 10 April 2014

Hexagon Hello, Hello

I love the use of shapes in paper craft and patchwork. Hexagons are always a popular choice, so I looked forward to using Hexagon Hive Thinlet (132965 page 26, Occasions Catalogue). Just Add Ink have challenged with ' Just Add Layers' and this card has ended up having as many layers as an onion!!!
I really like a lot of the other DT samples and challenge entries, so might need to pin some for future inspiration. (Whoops! missed the link up, it closed last night!!!)

I cut the Hexagon Hive Thinlet from Raspberry Ripple, such a lovely, rich red. I did trim a little more away from the lower right, to allow for a punched out porthole for the cheeky 'hi'. Dictionary was stamped in Raspberry Ripple onto Pink Pirouette card too, and because dictionaries have 'lots of words' I decided to stamp 'hello' from Four You multiple times onto a double-ended tag made with the Angled Tag Topper Punch. That was secured with Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and then I scattered  three Petite Petals flowers, and different-sized stars in Silver Glimmer Paper. I'm lucky enough to have one of the retired whale shaped star punches for the large star, the small ones are a retired  thinlet from Scentsational Season. I have my fingers crossed that we get some Star thinlets or punches in the next catalogue, but no whispers yet. There is another size star in the Circle Card Thinlet set (along with a heart & other handy shapes).

The card base is Smoky Slate, so is the tag and the ink, which comes out one shade darker. Now that's handy, perfectly matched.
Circle Card Thinlet

Just a scattering of rhinestones to glam it up some more, and we're all done.
It has been drizzling steadily where I live, and I have my grandsons coming for a few days (school holidays) so we are looking at indoor activities to keep them amused.

Catch you soon
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel