Friday 11 April 2014

En Francais Birthday FMS 131

This morning, when I was tidying up I decided to make a card with some of the background pieces I'd demonstrated at last night's workshop. The girls were making Scalloped Tag Topper cards once they had stamped a background. I'll pop a photo of some samples near the end of this post.

The En Francais stamp makes a lovely background with its flowing script, but it was handy to have Cindy H's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches to give me some fresh inspiration on how to use it a different way. The colours here are Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay, such an awesome trio~!

I don't usually leave such a wide margin around my layers, so that was a bit of a change for me, as was the strip of patterned paper laid over both. I'd had the Pool Party ruffled ribbon out for the class, as one of the ladies had used this colour scheme too.

I also love the Happy Watercolor stamp set, and have used the longer flower (looks like a native orchid to me) on the panel. I stamped the 'splash of paint' stamp from that stamp set three times without reinking. Using the darkest shade, Bermuda Bay, then huffed* on the rubber, stamped, huffed* again and stamped, to get the faintest image at the top.The dotty image is also from Happy Watercolor, it has been stamped in gold ink. Itty Bitty Banners has been getting a lot of use lately too, the framelits to cut the banners make it so quick and easy.



* huffed - technical term to describe breathing heavily through the mouth!!!

The girls were able to make a variety of cards using background stamps like Hardwood, En Francais and World Map before trying a couple of ways to use the Tag Topper Punches.

I've been busy with my grandchildren today and now they are in bed I am quickly catching up with my blog. We are keeping two of the older ones for a few more days, so it will be busy for a while before we return them to their parents. It isn't really helping that the weather has turned cooler and drizzly for a number of days now. We took them to a concert today and it was just as entertaining watching their reactions, as the performers were!

Thanks for popping by,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. The background is lovely behind your pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card Rachel - I love the combination of these two stamps (sets). The colours are lovely too. Popped over via Freshly Made Sketches, so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Rachel! I love those springy colours and the watercolour look! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel