Wednesday 13 November 2013

Remembering Your Birthday


This love of pink is something new for me and I think it has a lot to do with the arrival of a little girl in our family - after 38 years!!! A long wait but well worth it.

I've found myself using pink for scrap booking, of course, and also for cards. When you have a stamp that says "Today calls for something pink with sprinkles on top" it DEMANDS pink, doesn't it?

Beginning with Pink Pirouette, I used an embossing folder, Pretty Print Textured Impressions(132175),  from the current Holiday Catalogue. The banners are cut from retired DSP, mostly Twitterpated and I stamped and punched a cupcake with the Cupcake Builder Punch(121807). I have been neglecting my punches for a while, but they are so quick and easy to use, and I love a pretty cupcake.

The stamp sets are Create A Cupcake (128520) and  Remembering Your Birthday (131347) and the greeting is stamped inside alongside another cupcake.

I've used this sketch by Kathya at Sunday Stamps as my inspiration and stamped in Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette.




I have finished my three days at work for the week, and look forward to a visit tomorrow with my son, daughter-in-law and their three cherubs. It has been raining all day here, I do hope it finishes and the sun comes out soon.
Happy stamping,
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the pinks you used and the cupcake is adorable! Thanks for using my sketch from Sunday Stamps! Hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in pink!! Beautiful job with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun!!! Love the sprinkles on top :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel