Friday 24 January 2020

January Re-cap

It takes no time at all for these months to fly by does it? It doesn't help a great deal that in Australia, it is summer holidays through January, and routines are out the window. My husband has been back at work since New Year, but starts a week-long holiday tomorrow evening. We are going away to two different coastal locations - first to Phillip Island with a son and his family, and then to Lorne for 3 nights, courtesy of my husband's employer.



I've accomplished plenty with a spring clean of my wardrobe, a big tidy of my craft room, trips to the charity shop and appointments made. There are plenty of ticks on my "to do" list. On Wednesday afternoon I held my first craft session for the year and the ladies had a ball, playing with the foam brayers and three colours of ink.



Gina made the version with Hibiscus, using Timeless Tropical and Carmela chose Little Ladybug. Quite different results from the same background, and they were so pleased with their cards.


After they left, and before I washed the brayer sponges, I decided to colour the other side of the Golden Honey SDSP, with those three same colours. You'll see that where the colours overlap, they make a new shade, which is so pretty, just like a rainbow!



That 10cm by 30cm strip made these three cards, and I'm going to add them to my stash for #imbringingbirthdaysback. I used the Bonanza Buddies 'Happy Birthday' sentiment, and 'Thinking of you' is from Little Ladybug.



This round tag was in my leftovers box on my desk and was a perfect fit for the small sentiment.



These little flowers are so easy to stamp in different colours and punch out with the Small Bloom Punch. There is a note in the SAB catalogue that this punch may be available in the Annual catalogue, which made me decide it was worth getting now, as no doubt there will be a different stamp set it matches.

Painted Poppies Craft By Post - closing 5pm Feb 5th

The tutorial for 10 cards is available if you choose to order Painted Poppies #151599 $40 through my online shop, or choose one of the three other options at various price points to get the tutorial and materials to make all 10 cards.


Craft Sessions
I'd love you to join me next month for a crafting session. We will make a card with the poppy paper, another with Dressed to Impress and a third with dry embossing and a little stamping. I need time to prepare for a class, so let me know by 20th February. Send me an email, or text me your name and which session you'd like to join.  (0417 500 681) The craft sessions are held in my craft space in South Morang, Victoria.



Wednesday afternoon 26th February at 1pm
Friday evening 28th February at 7:30pm
TRM7MT7T



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel