Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Heart Of Christmas Week 19


I'm glad to have an opportunity to join in with members of the Art With Heart team for another of the weekly Heart of Christmas Blog Hops. I hope this helps to inspire you to make a start on your own Christmas cards now, as the sooner you start, the more likely you are to finish.


Wise Men From Afar is on page 24 of your Stampin' Up!® Holiday Catalogue. You do have a copy now don't you? If not, contact me if you don't already have a demonstrator, and I'll post one to you quick-smart. The geometric look of the Wise Men attracted my attention, as did this palm tree. This is an easy card to mass-produce, and I did make a number of them. It's easy if you do it like piece work. I stamp all the sentiments in one session. Stamp all the Wise Men and sand, before cutting all the squares. And so it goes on.


Borrowing elements from the illustration in the catalogue, I ended up with my own design. Instead of Cherry Cobbler I've used Fresh Fig, heat embossed the gold star, and there is a square surrounded by colour but mine only contains the Wise Men and not the whole art piece.

You can go to Claire Daly's blog here to check out the rest of the team projects.
URYS3BV2


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rachel, love how you have used mostly the one ink colour really makes the card pop on the white. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I love this type of colour combination...your card really highlights the beautiful graphic elements of this stamp set, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this in the Fresh Fig ink, Rachel, it looks great! What a great design for mass producing too, well done on another great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this is fresh fig Rachel, I haven't inked this stamp set up yet but I will soon after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, this is a stunningly beautiful and simple design and great for mass production of it. I love your colour choice of Fresh Fig, it's not a colour I would have thought to use for Christmas, but as I mentioned it is stunning on your card. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel