Thursday 12 October 2017

Art With Heart Team Blog Hop


Tonight the Art With Heart team girls are sharing some wonderful ideas to inspire you with our Designer Series Papers. This month is the start of the new Stampin' Up!® year and we have a special promotion on our Designer Series Paper, buy 3 get 1 FREE for the month of October and there is no limit!

I love Designer Series Paper, but for my first years as a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator I couldn't use my DSP, it was too pretty/precious to cut!!!! I now find I have a lot of paper, that has been wasted by hoarding so now, when a new order arrives, I open the pack of paper, take one of each sheet out and cut it through at the halfway mark. Once it has been cut, it is a lot easier to use, I find.



I wasn't able to participate in last months 'Fancy Folds' Blog Hop because I was having a night out celebrating 40 years of marriage the night the blog was launched.
I decided that the Joy Fold card I was going to share last month was perfect for this month, because it is 
  • easy (message me for the dimensions if you want to give it a try)
  • displays Designer Series paper (DSP)
  • can be made with/without stamping
  • suits masculine and feminine cards


I chose the Painted Autumn DSP which co-ordinates with Painted Harvest stamp set which I was dying to play with. Stampin' Up!® DSP comes in packs of 12" by 12" sheets of double-sided paper. There are pumpkins and acorns in this paper which don't really suit my purpose, especially as we are coming into Spring in Australia, but the reverse of these pieces are very useable.


For this card I used a witty sentiment from a stamp set called Five For All, and because stamped in green it seemed to get lost among the foliage, I ended up stamping over it with Crushed Curry and Peekaboo Peach with a stamp from Timeless Textures.


Another absolute positive, is the list of the colours used on the back of the Designer Series Paper pack, so you know which colours to use to give a very professional finish. Colour co-ordination is half the battle!


The colours for this paper pack are Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Lemon-Lime Twist, Peekaboo Peach, Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla. I used most of those colours for the stamping with Garden Green, Tangerine Tango and Lemon-Lime Twist as the bases for my three cards.



You definitely get some good views of the different papers in this pack. I really like the spots and stripes in their variegated hues.


It seemed a good idea to show you a third card with very little stamping. The Happy Birthday thinlet was used to cut this sentiment multiple times with each glued to the next with Tombow adhesive. I've done my best to get a shadow effect with this, and Tombow does allow a little bit of 'slip and slide' when you are working with it.

Remember, Painted Autumn is the name of this pack of DSP, and it is one of the packs included in the Buy 3 Get 1 free offer from Stampin' Up!® in October only.

Next along this hop (and do remember that Hops go full circle) is the very talented Rachel Woollard


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:


URYS3BV2


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Rachel. You have really showcased this DSP beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel your cards are so lovely it's hard to pick a favourite but I particularly love the DSP you've used in your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel your cards are so lovely it's hard to pick a favourite but I do love the DSP on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Rachel, love the green colouring your chose for your second card, your first cad is just so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Joy Fold cards Rachel. I like how you have shown the versatility of both the fold and the DSP. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the fancy folds! What a great way to show off the DSP! I have Painted Harvest & need to get busy CASEing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely cards Rachel and beautifully shows off this gorgeous DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel