Sunday 24 September 2017

Christmas Around The World CTC147



Welcome back to another week of CASE-ing The Catty. The crew is made up of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all parts of Australia and New Zealand. This week we are CASE-ing from the Holiday catalogue, pages 28-35.


Turning to page 35, I focused on a gift box pictured on that page. It uses the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlet Dies and looks gorgeous. I need a 50th birthday card and decided this might be a good design.




The Detailed Floral Thinlets were the nearest die that I had, and I only used the narrow die, at each end of a piece of Wisteria Wonder. I've also cut the white insert for the inside of the card, so the mauve colour shows through there too. Some rhinestones have been added to flower centres even on the insert.


The best investment I've ever made was purchasing the Large Number Dies. They get so much use for children and special birthdays. Recently I have purchased the Large Letters Framelits and I'm hoping to try some different techniques with them soon. Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper always adds a touch of glamour to a handmade card.


Having a dark purple like Elegant Eggplant behind the cut out shows of the lovely floral details, with the scattering of rhinestones to draw the eye.
 Next stop along this hop is the very talented Alisa Tilsner


ERBPDTEM



7 comments:

  1. Wow, looks amazing! What a great idea to use the Detailed floral thinlits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, great CASE using the Detailed Floral Thinlits. I love the added rhinestones on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great CASE of the layout, Rachel. The touches of bling really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE for your birthday card this week Rachel - inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this looks absolutely lovely Rachel, I'm not usually a purple person but the tones are great on this. and I ageee the numbers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that the large numbers framelits are so so useful. They get a work out at my craft desk too. Your card is just gorgeous. And it shows off this gorgeous die to perfection. This is a fabulous case.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel